Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Rules on in home range and shooting on game lands

I live in a residential area in centre county what what are the law was about setting up a bullet trap in my garage for a 22 and air rifle?
    I believe I read somewhere that I have to be 150 yards away from a house if I'm outside would this still apply if I'm inside my own home? I wouldn't be shooting all the time but it would make it a lot easier to test fire the gun after I make changes and modifications.

20 years ago when I was learning to shoot we would go to the state game lands and walk through the woods and just plink various targets with a 22 as we walked around. Is this still legal? I'm assuming it would be as long as it's not a hunting season, we're not shooting animals and it's done safety.

Default Re: Rules on in home range and shooting on game lands

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum9 View Post
    I live in a residential area in centre county what what are the law was about setting up a bullet trap in my garage for a 22 and air rifle?
    I believe I read somewhere that I have to be 150 yards away from a house if I'm outside would this still apply if I'm inside my own home? I wouldn't be shooting all the time but it would make it a lot easier to test fire the gun after I make changes and modifications.

20 years ago when I was learning to shoot we would go to the state game lands and walk through the woods and just plink various targets with a 22 as we walked around. Is this still legal? I'm assuming it would be as long as it's not a hunting season, we're not shooting animals and it's done safety.
    As far as your residence you will need to check with your municipality/borough/HOA or whatever is appropriate. I'm guessing your SOL there.
    As far as inside the home I have no idea what could be regulated other then whether it's even safe/plausible.
    The 150 yard thing applies to hunting, although it's a good rule of thumb where no other ordinance exists.
    AFAIK it's not and likely has never been legal to walk around game lands and plink.
    FUCK BIDEN