Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Bestow "In Memoriam" to Fragger?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Bestow "In Memoriam" title to Fragger?

Recently, PAFOA user Fragger passed away, and has been nominated for an "In Memoriam" title.

As per our process for such:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...=6#post1227512

The staff has approved the nomination, and now it moves to a public poll, which will be open for a week.

So what say you?
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(York County)

Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to Fragger?

Yes.

Im curious why its just not standard procedure to do so. It would be a nice gesture to anyone and shouldnt need a vote or process.

Scot (Fragger) was a friend of mine for the last 10 years. I 1st met him over on Survivors SKS Boards where he was a member of the mod staff since the board began in the late 90's. His death hit many of us by surprise and some of us very hard.

He has helped me and countless of others many times with different projects and builds and not all were pertaining to firearms. A man who always kept a cool head with never a negative thing to say. He was about as good as they came and he will be sorely missed not only by myself but an entire community.

If my say counts for anything then I say yes.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    Yes.

Im curious why its just not standard procedure to do so. It would be a nice gesture to anyone and shouldnt need a vote or process.
    Because eventually everyone passes away, and not every person who became a member here has had a positive reputation(not the point thingy, but due to his/her overall persona).

If I piss off everyone here, should I earn such a recognition? I think not.

We give this time to allow everyone to review the person in question and to judge for themselves.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    Yes.

In addition to knight's comments, there was an incident a number of years ago where an individual died as a result of being involved in something illicit, and this person also happened to be a PAFOA user. We don't want to commemorate such individuals. People on PAFOA often get together for shoots, engage in buying/selling with one another, etc. This process allows us to get comment from the community as a whole and vet the individual, to make sure the person was someone on the up-and-up before we honor them.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Scot (Fragger) was a friend of mine for the last 10 years. I 1st met him over on Survivors SKS Boards where he was a member of the mod staff since the board began in the late 90's. His death hit many of us by surprise and some of us very hard.

He has helped me and countless of others many times with different projects and builds and not all were pertaining to firearms. A man who always kept a cool head with never a negative thing to say. He was about as good as they came and he will be sorely missed not only by myself but an entire community.

Oh my god, this news really threw me.
    I "knew" Fragger from SKS Boards as well and everything Hodgie said is 100% accurate. The man was calm, kind, and full of knowledge - knowledge that he willingly shared with others even when it meant repeating the same info to noob after noob as they appeared with questions.

I was one of those noobs and found that forum after buying an SKS. After a while I realized Fragger was also located in PA, so I reached out via PM there and invited him to check out PAFOA. He replied with a "thank you" and indicated that he had not been aware of our forum and would check it out. He joined here and from that day I always joked that he was like Batman responding to the Bat signal - any time the letters "SKS" were typed here he appeared, providing detailed, accurate assistance on the subject.

We (the shooting community as a whole) have lost a great treasure indeed. He may not have been known to a lot of people, but he knew more than a lot of people. A gentleman on a forum not known for gentlemanly-like behavior.
    I will miss bouncing questions off of him and it will likely take some time not to start sending him a PM when I see an interesting SKS topic, or rifle for sale.

Bestow away. He certainly deserves it.

(Bucks County)

if a member in good standing passes of a natural cause, or an accident that happened in everyday life, it should go without saying.

if someone engaged in illegal activities happened to become a member here, is a different story.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

didn't know him but appreciate your vote of confidence

yes
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    if a member in good standing passes of a natural cause, or an accident that happened in everyday life, it should go without saying.

if someone engaged in illegal activities happened to become a member here, is a different story.
    Which, as explained, is the purpose of the poll/thread. Not every user or staff member knows every detail about everyone else here.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

I am another that has not had contact with him. I am new to SKS, only in the last few months.

What I do know is that he earned the respect of many of the senior members on this site. Positive statements like that impress me.

Yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast