Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default S&W 22A thoughts

Have a chance to purchase a nice used 22a . Price seems nice, gun appears to be in excellent condition case and two mags with some ammo included. Looks to be manufactured late 2008. Just looking for any thoughts on this model . From what I have read it is no longer in production as of a few years ago.

(York County)

Default Re: S&W 22A thoughts

I have one with a 7" barrel. Fun at the range. Doesn't like hollow points though.

(Chester County)

Not a fan. I think S&W cheaped out on this one. Spend a few more bucks and get a Ruger MK II or Browning Buckmark. If you have to go cheap then the Beretta Neos is a better bet.

(Franklin County)

Well For the price I had to purchase . Should clarify it is a 22A-1. Came with 325 rounds too.

(Berks County)

Buy buffers, springs and extractors. On the other hand I hear the 22 cal M&P compact is really reliable. I'm thinking of getting one.

(Montgomery County)

Entertainingly, my most accurate 0.22s aside from my beloved M41, are two 50+ year old Ruger Mk I's with the 6.5 inch barrels. People often do not know what they are as they have a "Buck Roger's space gun look to them". Long tapered barrels with a very odd looking front sight. Built like tanks and could be used as hammers if desired! Dave_n

(Monroe County)

Since you bought it, and I presume at a good price, I will say enjoy it. I had one for a while, and it was a decent gun. It worked. It wasn't great at any particular thing, but it wasn't bad at anything either. It was accurate enough, functioned well, and felt ok doing it. I've had a Ruger MkII since I started shooting. Matter of fact, my first handgun was a Ruger MkII and I've have a few come and go through my hands. I just decided to stick with them and sold off the 22a. It wasn't any functional fault of the gun, it just didn't feel as well built or long term durable as the Ruger.

AJ

(Butler County)

ive had one for quite a few years now and shot a lot of ammo thru it. frame cracked once and S&W replaced it asap. been perfect ever since.

(Lycoming County)

I have one. Its decent enough if I had a super good price id grab one. But if I was buying one again outright id go with the Browning Buckmark or the Ruger in that order. Mine has run great with that said wife and kid love shooting it. Got it becuase at the time I was looking for one that you could EASILY AND WITHOUT EXTRA parts and labor or effort Mount a red dot on top of. This did that easily..oh and I wanted one that would be left handed u and right handed usable (my kids a lefty ) and with its center mag release it does just that.