Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Home based FFL in delco

I just bought my new house in delaware county, and i am looking to start a home based FFL buisness. Currently i have been trying to attack all angles of this; i almost just dont know where to start. I plan on just doing transfers for people, gun shows and possibly gunbroker sales. As far as i can see my zoning permits this but with a caveat. "That no retail display sales, or stockpiling of inventory". Does this mean i need to get a variance? I know i need an FFL, Pa buisness, & Pa firearms dealer license. Does anybody have any recomendations to go about this.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Home based FFL in delco

Read this:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...35#post2717635

then read this:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...28#post2717928

GunBroker - Unless you buy a fair number of guns, you won't be able to compete on GunBroker for new firearms. Once you get setup with dealer accounts with vendors that work with small home-based FFL's, you will see most firearms on sale on GunBroker are listed LOWER then your cost. Now there is nothing wrong with being a home-based FFL during transfers for a nice side income, there are 1,000's of them across the country doing this, but if your business plan is to make money on GunBroker and Gun Shows, you might want to reconsider.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Delaware County)

Depending on what township or borough, the zoning issues could be your stone wall. Obviously your "new house" is zoned residential. The ATF will notify your local government of your intention to conduct a retail business at your home address, the township officials will probably balk at the idea that your address is not zoned commercial. The FFL will then not grant the license over a local ordinance violation. Your next plan of attack will be for a zoning variance, in which case, full cooperation from your neighbors will necessary. In Delaware county there are a number of home based FFL holders, but the zoning hurtles had to be cleared first.

(Delaware County)

I just got my FFL I am also in DELCO. I live in Folcroft if you would like I would be more then happy to help you and show you what I did to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by messeduprex View Post
    I just bought my new house in delaware county, and i am looking to start a home based FFL buisness. Currently i have been trying to attack all angles of this; i almost just dont know where to start. I plan on just doing transfers for people, gun shows and possibly gunbroker sales. As far as i can see my zoning permits this but with a caveat. "That no retail display sales, or stockpiling of inventory". Does this mean i need to get a variance? I know i need an FFL, Pa buisness, & Pa firearms dealer license. Does anybody have any recomendations to go about this.

(Chester County)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Really great guy
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Thank you for all the input. I know its not going to be easy. But it is worth it to me to put all the effort i can to try. I know it can be done. I just dont want to dive off the deep end just yet and go full blown retail storefront. Just trying to supplement my income for the time being.