Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Thumbs up A+ For Kimber Customer Service

I had to send back my Wife's Kimber Ultra CDP II for repair. I stripped out one of the bushing screws. I sent it back two weeks ago and just received it back today all fixed up. They retapped the bushing screw hole, test fired 3 mags of Federal Eagle 230 grain FMJ and 1 mag of Federal Hydro Shok 230 grain HP. I told them that I messed up the threads and I would be glad to pay for the repairs. There was no charge and they picked up the freight both ways. This is want I call great customer service. I have seen a lot of negative reports about Kimber and I have to say the I have had non of them. I have quite a few Kimber 1911's and have never had any issues with any of them. Just wanted to post a positive note about Kimber.

Default Re: A+ For Kimber Customer Service

Good to hear, I've have owned several Kimbers and still have my 1st TLE RLII and have never had an issue, malfunction, or a need to contact customer service which is a good thing.

(Lycoming County)

Good to hear. I had a nightmare dealing with my Kimber Warrior a few years back. I had hoped their customer service got better. I dealt with them about 5 years ago, and it was laughable. Ended up the Kimber dealer I bought the Warrior from did a full reimbursement. Sad too, cause before I had all the problems, I loved it. But all the problems with the firearm coupled with my customer service experience, I just cant see buying another. Now I plan to get an Operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1911 View Post
    Good to hear. I had a nightmare dealing with my Kimber Warrior a few years back. I had hoped their customer service got better. I dealt with them about 5 years ago, and it was laughable. Ended up the Kimber dealer I bought the Warrior from did a full reimbursement. Sad too, cause before I had all the problems, I loved it. But all the problems with the firearm coupled with my customer service experience, I just cant see buying another. Now I plan to get an Operator.
    I also had a horrible CS experience about 4 years back. Frame was getting really scratched up internally on my Ultra CDP and let's just say they were less than helpful. Never got back to me. DOn't know if I could ever buy another Kimber after that.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Lycoming County)

I was going to go into detail about my nightmare, but would rather not hijack this thread, as I hope the OP is in the majority of Kimber's customer service handling. If someone posts a "Kimber horror story" I will be there. Still have a few of the pictures too. But I hope this is a sign of them doing much better with their customers.