Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Obama and the burbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Welcome to the overwhelming majority of the gated community in the Upper Monroe county area.
    Oh don't worry it's happening where I live, use to be nice but have been importing the sec 8 crowd and it's getting shitty.

(Tioga County)

Ah the advantages of rural small town living.
    USNRET '61-'81

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

Sue HUD and kick them out, and stop any city council from letting them in. This only happens if you allow it. Fundamental transformation needs to run into fundamental Oh No the F*** You Don't.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    LMAO!....while I can't speak on those affluent areas where I feel that this type of housing definitely has no business being,I can attest that Section 8 has destroyed lots of previously nice neighborhoods here.They can provide all the affordable housing they want.....in the areas where these people have always lived.You want a nice home in a nice area,get off of your ass and work for it.
    Last edited by Krichardson; December 22nd, 2015 at 01:25 AM.

(York County)

It's not just the Potus. The District of Columbia has been doing this for years. They pay residents of low income neighborhoods to move out of the city and into bordering counties. Take a look south of the District as in Prince George's and Charles counties. Anyone watch a ball game at Nationals stadium? Use to be a shit hole, and now popping up with ultra luxurious high rise condos/apartments. Urban Renewal. All the hipsters are moving into shitty neighborhoods and transforming them into yuppie communes. They raise the cost of living and its too much for ordinary people to move in.

Even years ago "Southie" in Boston was being transformed, pushing out all the generational irish out of the neighborhoods. Least that's how it was told to me some time ago.

(Washington County)

Allegheny County Housing Authority has been salting section 8's around the burbs for quite some time. When I was a Plum Borough resident, we fought this fight against Section 8 in the early 2000's. I suspect that a large number of local Authorities across the nation have already been doing this, and the enemy in chief is just seeking to nationalize the effort....Oh, and they don't just provide low cost housing, in many cases they also pick up the tab for gutting and remodeling perfectly livable homes, and even pay private contractors to mow their lawns.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; December 22nd, 2015 at 05:58 AM.

(York County)

As many noted above, this has been going on for some time. Forced migration goes far beyond housing too. Some of the community policing projects had a very similar effect. The money the Feds provided was earmarked for the worst neighborhoods in even smaller cities like York, Lancaster, and Reading. The additional police pressure didn't curb violence, it just moved it, along with the trouble makers, to some of the nicer, yet still affordable areas of the city. The net result was like the spreading of the plague: those who could afford to leave did, and now sections that used to be nice are just overtaxed dumps like the rest of the city. The abysmal failure of the policy just proved to the democrats they didn't do enough (sound familiar?), so the. They decided to start pushing a new suburbian integration policy.

This trouble goes far beyond just the cities. We all know school districts transcend those boundaries. Once the virus spreads, now you've got urban utes, with no parents, no education, and no coping skills, dropped into a new school district. One or two per year can assimilate, but toss them in by the dozens and now they fight the system that is trying to help them.

We've seen it here in York county: with Baltimore less than an hour down the road we've had all kinds of migration, often so their kids will,"stop hanging out with the wrong crowd". I hate to break it to them, their kid was the wrong crowd! Crime goes up, test scores go down, and kids learn to the new,lower common denominator in the class. As an aside, these parents are so lazy they can even change their registrations from MD to PA. Drive through some of these town home developments in the evening and five of six license plates are still MD. They ( they doesnt mean minorities, it means Balti-morons) don't change!

Having spent 10 years involved with city governments, planning on larger scales, and married to a teacher in a now 'transitional' school district I can clearly see that the federal influence in housing, policing, etc. is negative at best. The continued failure of multiple policies (read 'stupid ideas') will permanently destroy the culture known as suburbia. The only thing we have to fight with is local government. The fed relies heavily on 50 years of democrat control in cities to push their agenda. Keep you local government, and keep it red. Dont allow county wide control like they do in MD, you will quickly be outnumbered (much as we are by Philly or NY is by NYC on a state level). Get out and vote no matter what what!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Spread the terror
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

I'm ready....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast