Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Thinking about a bullpup rifle...

Seems like the Tavor is the way to go. The FS2000 is a fine rifle from what I have heard but they are $500-700 more than a Tavor and I see no reason to spend the extra money.

What is bad about the stock trigger on the Tavor?

For those of you with a Tavor: Any issues using PMAGs? I have a bunch that I use for my AR and I would like to keep compatibility on as much as possible.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thehersh13 View Post
    Seems like the Tavor is the way to go. The FS2000 is a fine rifle from what I have heard but they are $500-700 more than a Tavor and I see no reason to spend the extra money.

What is bad about the stock trigger on the Tavor?

For those of you with a Tavor: Any issues using PMAGs? I have a bunch that I use for my AR and I would like to keep compatibility on as much as possible.
    Nope, I stuff my 40 round PMAGs in it all of the time. For a bullpup, the stock trigger isn't bad once you get used to it. It is heavy with a lot of take-up but it's smooth. The Geissele takes it way down in pull weight and shortens the take-up.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

I'll probably just deal with the trigger and replace it down the road if it really bothers me.

Anyone know if any ranges around here rent them? I'd like to shoot one before I drop that kind of money. I know I could always resell it if I don't like it but I like to try before I buy.

I'll probably just deal with the trigger and replace it down the road if it really bothers me.

Anyone know if any ranges around here rent them? I'd like to shoot one before I drop that kind of money. I know I could always resell it if I don't like it but I like to try before I buy.
    The trigger has an additional spring in it that can be removed without affecting safety. Cuts trigger pull by almost half. Look it up on YouTube. Simple mod, less than 15minutes.

(Beaver County)

I've had an FS2000 for a while now. They seem to have fallen out of favor ever since the Tavor came out.
    Having shot and used the Tavor, it is defiantly an awesome system and has a ton of aftermarket support.
    The Tavor wins on mag compatibility, sling attachments, muzzle attachments, and accessory rail space.
    The FS2000, though, IMO balances better, is actually an ambi rifle, seems a bit more accurate, and does't seem to ever snag on anything.
    Pair that with a 20-round mag, and it makes a really sweet shooter since the mag is about flush with the body.
    Both triggers are shit and the manual of arms is very different compared to a traditional rifle but all that can be overcome with practice... or a new trigger in the case of the Tavor.
    Now I love my FS but the fact that it's more expensive, harder to find, and has less aftermarket support, IMO, gives the Tavor the win.
    The best thing is to try them both as they both feel different. For me, I like the feel of the FS better... and I'm a lefty so the FS is great for that.
    Good luck in your quest!

Quote Originally Posted by JSPA View Post
    I've had an FS2000 for a while now. They seem to have fallen out of favor ever since the Tavor came out.
    Having shot and used the Tavor, it is defiantly an awesome system and has a ton of aftermarket support.
    The Tavor wins on mag compatibility, sling attachments, muzzle attachments, and accessory rail space.
    The FS2000, though, IMO balances better, is actually an ambi rifle, seems a bit more accurate, and does't seem to ever snag on anything.
    Pair that with a 20-round mag, and it makes a really sweet shooter since the mag is about flush with the body.
    Both triggers are shit and the manual of arms is very different compared to a traditional rifle but all that can be overcome with practice... or a new trigger in the case of the Tavor.
    Now I love my FS but the fact that it's more expensive, harder to find, and has less aftermarket support, IMO, gives the Tavor the win.
    The best thing is to try them both as they both feel different. For me, I like the feel of the FS better... and I'm a lefty so the FS is great for that.
    Good luck in your quest!
    Fortunately I'm right handed and don't have anyone who will be using the rifle who is a lefty to worry about true ambidextrous capability.

I do like the FS a lot and have heard good things about it, but for the reasons you listed above the Tavor is quickly gaining the upperhand in this choice.

(Perry County)

Fortunately I'm right handed and don't have anyone who will be using the rifle who is a lefty to worry about true ambidextrous capability.

I do like the FS a lot and have heard good things about it, but for the reasons you listed above the Tavor is quickly gaining the upperhand in this choice.
    Hey, if you have a range you shoot at down there, I can meet you with mine so you can shoot it. Probably after the holidays so I don't have to drag the kids with me. PM me if you're interested.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12