Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default On a budget Taurus PT 111 G2 is an option

I will admit I am a Glock guy. I have 5 of them and have never had a hiccup. I work in Harrisburg and have been working some late nights recently. I keep my G42 in my car and I normally don't carry around the Capitol as I often have to venture in from time to time. I decided to get another handgun to keep in my office for when I have to go around town. I dodnt want to have to keep taking it from my car to the office and vice versa (sounds pretty lazy). I was in my local gun shop a few weeks ago and saw a Taurus PT 111 G2 millennium. I handled it and felt great in my hand and was totally shocked to see it was around $250. At the time I thought, geez I am almost losing money by not getting it at that price, but wasn't really looking to buy anything new. After my epiphany about needing a firearm to keep in my office I remembered the Taurus. I went back to my LGS and picked it up today. I paid round $250 and then learned Taurus was offering a $50 mail-in rebate to boot. $200 isn't a bad deal! I picked up a box of FMJ and two boxes of JHP's to be sure it could cycle PD ammo and headed to the range.

IMG_0469.JPG
    (First 10 out of the PT 111 G2)

From handling the gun at my LGS I did notice the trigger pull to be very long, but oddly enough there is no tension on the trigger until it is near the rear where there is a very clean break. It is nothing like a Glock trigger but quickly adapted to it. It started to be a real fun gun to shoot. It ate all 50 FMJ without a problem and easily cycled the HP's. The gun points naturally and the accuracy was quite surprisingly good. Follow up shots were not a problem at all and the recoil is minimal and easily manageable. It has regular 3 dot sights with the rear sight adjustable. Seemed like the sights were pretty spot on right out of the box. It comes with 2 -12 round magazines of good quality.

I still love my Glocks, but if you are on a budget and are still looking for a quality and affordable handgun, seriously take a look at the PT 111 G2 millennium, I am glad I did. Merry Christmas all!

Default Re: On a budget Taurus PT 111 G2 is an option

It's a pretty damn good pistol for the price but before you bet your life on it I would get at least 300 failure free rounds through it with practice and your chosen SD ammo.

Good luck with it and keep the thread updated with how it's running.

(Cumberland County)

oh absolutely....I am going to put a lot more SD rounds through before it goes in the rotation.

(Lehigh County)

They have them locally here same deal around $200 new I might get one to try especially with layaway I can take a few bucks here and there and pick it up in a month
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Lancaster County)

Got one for my wife for Christmas, LGS had one for $249 take the $50 rebate and figured couldn't go wrong. Well the mild weather last Sunday gave a chance to get out and give it a try. My wife really likes her new gun, she put 100 rounds of FMJ down range and first couple were low and to left, but after a couple more she was getting better. She said that 12 round double was harder to load then the 17 round single stack for my PT92, so a mag. loader was ordered yet that day. Hope to get more range time, so far so good.

(Cumberland County)

It was kinda cold yesterday when I shot it and the magazine isnt all that easy to load, especially when hands are freezing. Only real downside I had. Agree that at the price almost stupid not to get one.
    Last edited by pokerguy005; December 21st, 2015 at 12:43 AM.

(York County)

The second handgun I ever purchased was the Taurus PT 111 millennium. It always shot well, no failure to fires, and like you noted, the trigger just takes some getting used to (I always thought it was just because it was striker fired). The only fault with the pistol came up recently in the form of a class action lawsuit: apparently I'm not suppose to drop the thing! Who knew??
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

OP all G2 pistols are exempt from the recall.