Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump and Guns

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Trump and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    So, we know Christie got into politics to support a ban on assault weapons. That's two. Carly has made noises like that. 3. I've yet to find a statement or vote where Cruz, for instance, said or did anything remotely looking like gun control.....

A solid portion of the Republican electorate (including a bunch of people on an ostensibly pro-gun website here at PAFOA) is going to vote for a guy who was a democrat, who wanted to ban assault weapons and lengthen background checks, who voted for Hillary, who invite the Clintons to his wedding. Sure. He changed. He's saying populist and bombastic things louder. Vote Trump, suckers.

My solution is twofold: I'll be changing my non-affiliated registration to "R" and voting against Trump (likely for Cruz) in the primary. Should the suckers among the republican electorate succeed in nominating Trump, I will either vote the Libertarian candidate or write someone in who is demonstrably pro-gun.

A primary voter who votes trump essentially elects Hillary. I'm not going to double down on that stupidity in the general election regardless of how many Republican primary voters want to nominate a guy with Trump's written history of being anti-gun.
    So, you'll vote for the Libertarian candidate instead, which is essential a vote for Hillary in the general, because Trump wins the primary. You won't vote for trump in the primary though, because that's essentially a vote for Hillary.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Hillary will thank you for your help and everyone else who takes their ball and goes home after the primary, if their guy isn't the nominee.

Like you I'm planning on changing from an independent to a republican to vote for Cruz in the primary, but I'll be damned if I do anything to help the Dems out in the general at all, no matter how flawed the republican nominee is. If we lose this election, it's our own fault for not supporting the republicans. Nothing will be worse from a gun rights or really any other perspective than a democratic in the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense.
    Here is some more sense.

Democrat wins they continue to do damage to the country in every way only democrats can do.
    Republican wins they do nothing to reverse any of it and continue to damage everything the democrats leave alone.
    No matter who wins the WH either party will be lucky if they have congress for one term, most likely two years.
    Recent history shows that republicans can do nothing when they have complete or partial power, but democrats are a wrecking ball in either position.
    And since it's unicorn fantasy to think republicans will ever have the WH for more then 4-8 yrs of a single president, with congress either ineffectual or out of their control, and the never ending cycle of swing presidents in the WH where one party erodes one portion of the Constitution, while the other erodes the other part, leaves us exactly where?
    This isn't going to get fixed in one cycle. It's going to take more years to fix then it took to break. Since neither party gives a shit and the majority of the electorate certainly doesn't give a shit, and it's a fact that no matter who wins the opposing view will back in control sooner then later what's going to change, when, and how?

Exactly! Welcome to the revolving door of the two party system. The only chance there is to fix any of this is if people stop doing what they've been doing because expecting a different result is........crazy....right? Or does that not apply to politics?
    No matter it won't happen because every single one of us wants something for nothing. It's human nature. Maybe I only want a tad and my neighbor wants the golden goose, but it's all the same. So long as politicians are making promises to voters that want something for nothing vote whomever you want because elections don't matter. They only matter when they result in devastating pain and suffering, which is coming some day. Typing this while drinking dollar store coffee instead of Starbuck's isn't quite to that threshold.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Tioga County)

So, we know Christie got into politics to support a ban on assault weapons. That's two. Carly has made noises like that. 3. I've yet to find a statement or vote where Cruz, for instance, said or did anything remotely looking like gun control.....

A solid portion of the Republican electorate (including a bunch of people on an ostensibly pro-gun website here at PAFOA) is going to vote for a guy who was a democrat, who wanted to ban assault weapons and lengthen background checks, who voted for Hillary, who invite the Clintons to his wedding. Sure. He changed. He's saying populist and bombastic things louder. Vote Trump, suckers.

My solution is twofold: I'll be changing my non-affiliated registration to "R" and voting against Trump (likely for Cruz) in the primary. Should the suckers among the republican electorate succeed in nominating Trump, I will either vote the Libertarian candidate or write someone in who is demonstrably pro-gun.

A primary voter who votes trump essentially elects Hillary. I'm not going to double down on that stupidity in the general election regardless of how many Republican primary voters want to nominate a guy with Trump's written history of being anti-gun.
    Well liberals/leftists don't understand this, as I'll reveal shortly why, but a principle part of what conservatism is all about is learning from life experience and history in terms of what works and what does not. Leftists never learn anything despite hard evidence their ideology always fails and they can be 80 years old and still reciting the same garbage they have been for decades.

The gun issue is a great example. A lot of people have learned in their own life experience or just looking at the facts that having the ability to defend yourself deters or stops crime or in the event of terrorism or other events allows us to protect ourselves, families, friends and community. Leftists, despite evidence to the contrary, still continue to push controlling, restricting, seizing firearms and especially from law abiding peaceful citizens.

(Tioga County)

So, you'll vote for the Libertarian candidate instead, which is essential a vote for Hillary in the general, because Trump wins the primary. You won't vote for trump in the primary though, because that's essentially a vote for Hillary.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Hillary will thank you for your help and everyone else who takes their ball and goes home after the primary, if their guy isn't the nominee.

Like you I'm planning on changing from an independent to a republican to vote for Cruz in the primary, but I'll be damned if I do anything to help the Dems out in the general at all, no matter how flawed the republican nominee is. If we lose this election, it's our own fault for not supporting the republicans. Nothing will be worse from a gun rights or really any other perspective than a democratic in the white house.
    I think Cruz is the guy to vote for, certainly. Cruz is vigorously campaigning down south and he's playing the smart game to win some states and have some bargaining chips. Personally I think him being VP would work out very well for us. And since about June I have speculated that if Trump won he would likely take Cruz. Trump said a while ago before all this happened, many of the republican candidates came to see him and he said Cruz was the only one he really liked.

(Bucks County)

Well at least I agree with Trump on something.(if he actually meant it)

Ted Cruz is the best candidate we've had since the Gipper, and I don't pray at his alter, he wasn't perfect either. Cruz is also the most original constitutionalist that actually has a chance at winning the presidency.

I honestly can't comprehend how any gun owner wouldn't support him. He argued the Heller case at the Supreme Court for chrissakes!

Oh that's right, he's an unashamed Christian.

(Cambria County)

I will either vote the Libertarian candidate or write someone in who is demonstrably pro-gun.
    Maybe if we are lucky, we can get a candidate nominated that is as pro-gun as Romney... Er, no... That wouldn't be good, Romney has a lousy record supporting the 2A. Regardless, it's a good thing to know that so many people of principle would vote their heart anyway.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Here is some more sense.

Democrat wins they continue to do damage to the country in every way only democrats can do.
    Republican wins they do nothing to reverse any of it and continue to damage everything the democrats leave alone.
    No matter who wins the WH either party will be lucky if they have congress for one term, most likely two years.
    Recent history shows that republicans can do nothing when they have complete or partial power, but democrats are a wrecking ball in either position.
    And since it's unicorn fantasy to think republicans will ever have the WH for more then 4-8 yrs of a single president, with congress either ineffectual or out of their control, and the never ending cycle of swing presidents in the WH where one party erodes one portion of the Constitution, while the other erodes the other part, leaves us exactly where?
    This isn't going to get fixed in one cycle. It's going to take more years to fix then it took to break. Since neither party gives a shit and the majority of the electorate certainly doesn't give a shit, and it's a fact that no matter who wins the opposing view will back in control sooner then later what's going to change, when, and how?

Exactly! Welcome to the revolving door of the two party system. The only chance there is to fix any of this is if people stop doing what they've been doing because expecting a different result is........crazy....right? Or does that not apply to politics?
    No matter it won't happen because every single one of us wants something for nothing. It's human nature. Maybe I only want a tad and my neighbor wants the golden goose, but it's all the same. So long as politicians are making promises to voters that want something for nothing vote whomever you want because elections don't matter. They only matter when they result in devastating pain and suffering, which is coming some day. Typing this while drinking dollar store coffee instead of Starbuck's isn't quite to that threshold.
    I don't want something for nothing. I just want to keep the majority of what I earned for myself. I've never registered as a dem or rep, because I believe that your right and we should have limitless choices in our political system, not just a or b. The problem is that isn't ever going to happen. The country has settled on a two party system and that was before you or I was even born yet. Sucks, but that's reality. I don't see any point in doing more damage than less in futility, which is what will happen this time if we don't get behind and support one candidate over the Dems. Are the republicans perfect? Absolutely not, but it's what we have if we want to keep what little we have and start any work towards something better. The only other option is to give up and let the left keep taking until the country becomes a shell of it's former self or disintegrates entirely. I personally wouldn't want to see what it's like under either of those scenarios.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I think Cruz is the guy to vote for, certainly. Cruz is vigorously campaigning down south and he's playing the smart game to win some states and have some bargaining chips. Personally I think him being VP would work out very well for us. And since about June I have speculated that if Trump won he would likely take Cruz. Trump said a while ago before all this happened, many of the republican candidates came to see him and he said Cruz was the only one he really liked.
    I think if it goes down that way it would help to strengthen his chances. It would still be a crap shoot in the general election. Just look at the responses here and he's got an uphill battle no matter who his running mate is, just getting the rights vote. No one on the left is ever going to vote for either of them, but that would be true for any republican candidates.

I don't want something for nothing. I just want to keep the majority of what I earned for myself. I've never registered as a dem or rep, because I believe that your right and we should have limitless choices in our political system, not just a or b. The problem is that isn't ever going to happen. The country has settled on a two party system and that was before you or I was even born yet. Sucks, but that's reality. I don't see any point in doing more damage than less in futility, which is what will happen this time if we don't get behind and support one candidate over the Dems. Are the republicans perfect? Absolutely not, but it's what we have if we want to keep what little we have and start any work towards something better. The only other option is to give up and let the left keep taking until the country becomes a shell of it's former self or disintegrates entirely. I personally wouldn't want to see what it's like under either of those scenarios.
    It’s never going to happen under the current system. Any republican even Rand or Ron Paul isn’t going to turn anything around. It's a fantasy. It’s over. You’re not going to keep the little piece of America left, whatever it is. It going to disintegrate. Each party portrays their opponent as the face of evil and the end of civilization if they win. Thus the lesser of two evils scenario continues and we lose. Doesn't matter which party you believe in. The argument is the same.....every cycle.....every election.
    Cite me an example when we made any kind of retreat back toward freedom?
    The people of this country hand over freedom as if it can be reclaimed without massive blood shed.
    As I said it’s going to take decades to undo even a tiny fraction of what needs to happen.
    That ain’t gonna happen.
    The only realistic expectation is to hope you die before all out chaos erupts. Yeah that’s pretty ugly and even defeatist. Take a good look around you and tell me where you can find 10 people that vote, are informed, and don’t receive a handout and want to keep it.
    And handout doesn’t mean just welfare, etc. I’m talking tax breaks, SS, medicare, working for a defense contractor, any government job, farm subsidy, and on and on and on.
    You’re not changing anything when that is the electorate, and 99.999% only want self governance when it’s convenient.
    The only person I believe in is myself.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    It’s never going to happen under the current system. Any republican even Rand or Ron Paul isn’t going to turn anything around. It's a fantasy. It’s over. You’re not going to keep the little piece of America left, whatever it is. It going to disintegrate. Each party portrays their opponent as the face of evil and the end of civilization if they win. Thus the lesser of two evils scenario continues and we lose. Doesn't matter which party you believe in. The argument is the same.....every cycle.....every election.
    Cite me an example when we made any kind of retreat back toward freedom?
    The people of this country hand over freedom as if it can be reclaimed without massive blood shed.
    As I said it’s going to take decades to undo even a tiny fraction of what needs to happen.
    That ain’t gonna happen.
    The only realistic expectation is to hope you die before all out chaos erupts. Yeah that’s pretty ugly and even defeatist. Take a good look around you and tell me where you can find 10 people that vote, are informed, and don’t receive a handout and want to keep it.
    And handout doesn’t mean just welfare, etc. I’m talking tax breaks, SS, medicare, working for a defense contractor, any government job, farm subsidy, and on and on and on.
    You’re not changing anything when that is the electorate, and 99.999% only want self governance when it’s convenient.
    The only person I believe in is myself.
    Well I guess it's time then.

Somebody call streaker and repo.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast