Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump and Guns

(Chester County)

Default Re: Trump and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm outta rep for ya UJ. someone get him for me please.
    Got him!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    That is the key that we have been missing for so long. we elect people that we think won't fuck us when it comes to guns. What we need to do is elect people that we know WILL fuck the other side on guns!
    Unfortunately, PAFOA does not get the only votes. Heck, did any single person here even have the opportunity to give any input on who is running for nomination?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Trump has called for gun control in the past, voted (and registered) and gave inordinate amounts of money to Democrats.

Someone called for Accountability earlier. It never ceases to amaze me how people are willing to forget what the man has said and written whilst falling for the populist reality-tv show schtick.

And that's before we face the polling reality that Trump gets crushed by Hillary if that's the general matchup.

Vote Trump, suckers.
    I'd say just about everyone "in the past supported" things they do not support now, including all of the presidential candidates.

Things have changed in this country since 9/11 and with other incidents. Lots of people have learned that government cannot be there all the time to make sure you are coddled and protected and have modified their view on firearms accordingly.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If he ends up with the nomination and it's him vs. any of the Dem candidates, who else would you vote for? Would you vote Hillary or Bernie?

PA is too late in the primaries to make a difference usually. If I have a vote in the primary, it won't be Trump, it will be Cruz since I'm sure most of the other candidates will be long gone. But I will vote Trump in the general because to do anything else is cutting off my nose to spite my face. Besides, at least he's not the Republican establishment candidate so I'm sending a message to them as well. I can't control if he wins or loses against Hillary.
    I think one thing to look for is who Trump picks as VP. I think that sets the tone for what will come down the road.

We know Cruz likes machine guns so he's solid. The other two up in the polls, Carson, he's definitely not a strong 2nd Amendment advocate, I almost never hear him talk about it. And Rubio, he comes off as wet behind the ears and able to be bought off, so I don't have a big trust there.

I watch at least one Trump rally a week on youtube. He always mentions the 2nd Amendment and like last weekend introduces his son, who is an active competitor in shooting sports.

Trump has called for gun control in the past, voted (and registered) and gave inordinate amounts of money to Democrats.

Someone called for Accountability earlier. It never ceases to amaze me how people are willing to forget what the man has said and written whilst falling for the populist reality-tv show schtick.

And that's before we face the polling reality that Trump gets crushed by Hillary if that's the general matchup.

Vote Trump, suckers.
    Much, much better than voting for Hillary or Sanders..... Suckers.

That poll does not mean a thing today. The election is a year away.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    Much, much better than voting for Hillary or Sanders..... Suckers.

That poll does not mean a thing today. The election is a year away.
    Cankles has to survive a rigorous general election campaign and I think her fat butt will have a hard time keeping up with Donald. I also do not believe she is universally liked and I do not think women like her all that much either. So I think it could be the opposite of these meme running around saying hillary has already won. In fact I think it could be 1980 all over again and a massive gaping blow out for the dems.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    we can't trust some one with out a voting record .
    Politicians have proven time and time again that they can't be trusted based on their voting record. Predicting what any candidate will do in the future is pure speculation.

At this point I trust a successful business person more than a career politician. It takes a different mindset and set of values to be successful in different industries. Hell, at this point I would willing to consider some actor from California if he was pushing the right message.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Trump will do what pretty much every other GOP election winner (Congress, Executive, or otherwise) has done in the past: claim staunch support for gun rights during his election to garner votes, and then do NOTHING to advance our cause once elected.
    I tend to agree. However, I think he has a higher probablity than anyone other contender to actually go on the offensive to support the 2A. The same way he's not afraid to say, "build a wall," given the right circumstances he has more potential than anyone to say, "repeal the NFA."

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." ---Quote from some actor from 'Kaliphornia' that wasn't part of the establishment

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    What we need to do is elect people that we know WILL fuck the other side on guns!
    I agree. Ron Paul was the kind of person 'crazy' enough to "fuck the other side on guns." The majority of people that could have supported him, and helped him get traction didn't... They said, "I like him, but he dosen't have a chance." Self-fufilling prophecy.

Still, Trump is more likely than any of the others to go on the offensive in support of gun rights. Could you imagine Jeb saying, "Background checks are stupid, they don't work. Quite frankly there are more good people in America than bad, as such any restriction on access to firearms unnecessarily puts the good people at risk!"

Jeb would have committed suicide, while the same thing said by Trump would open a dialog that would help us push the ball in the right direction. The NRA should start backing Trump this instant! (Unless they are already paid off against doing things that could actually help the 2A.)

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    we can't trust some one with out a voting record . i would like to see him in another role vp, immigration . also no one has voted yet so the numbers are just numbers .

Clinton and Jackson were the only ones impeached . Nixon left before he could be .

Ryan just gave Obama and the Dems EVERYTHING they wanted in a budget deal without getting ANYTHING BACK.

WTF does a voting record mean? That the lies he lied are real lies?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I'd say just about everyone "in the past supported" things they do not support now, including all of the presidential candidates.
    So, we know Christie got into politics to support a ban on assault weapons. That's two. Carly has made noises like that. 3. I've yet to find a statement or vote where Cruz, for instance, said or did anything remotely looking like gun control.....

A solid portion of the Republican electorate (including a bunch of people on an ostensibly pro-gun website here at PAFOA) is going to vote for a guy who was a democrat, who wanted to ban assault weapons and lengthen background checks, who voted for Hillary, who invite the Clintons to his wedding. Sure. He changed. He's saying populist and bombastic things louder. Vote Trump, suckers.

My solution is twofold: I'll be changing my non-affiliated registration to "R" and voting against Trump (likely for Cruz) in the primary. Should the suckers among the republican electorate succeed in nominating Trump, I will either vote the Libertarian candidate or write someone in who is demonstrably pro-gun.

A primary voter who votes trump essentially elects Hillary. I'm not going to double down on that stupidity in the general election regardless of how many Republican primary voters want to nominate a guy with Trump's written history of being anti-gun.

(Bucks County)

If the Obama sheep were on very thin ice blindly supporting him despite the obvious evidence then the Trumpets are walking on water.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast