Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Xdm 5.25 (competition) 9mm, M&P pro 9, or CZ 75 (with/out sp-1) OTB only.

Hi all, I need your suggestion from the ppl who have (had) those three about their accuracy and reliabilities (OTB only please).
    I see there are hundred of them have good reviews for the MPpro; and so does the CZ75 for their extreme accuracy OTB.
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Xdm 5.25 (competition) 9mm, M&P pro 9, or CZ 75 (with/out sp-1) OTB only.

Can't answer on the XDM never owned one and never will due to it being an over priced pistol made in Croatia. They have a very high bore access which does tend to give them more muzzle flip then others.

M&P are sold shooting platforms that offer a little bit of everything out of the box. I find most to lack in the trigger dpt but the pro model may have resolved that.

The CZ 75 is simply one of the most underrated pistols in America. It's properly balanced, has a very low bore access and due to the way the slide interfaces with the frame makes it extremely smooth shooting and accurate. Out of what you have listed I would consider it the best. On that note I would consider it superior then most of the current market in performance and build quality however it's not the best in every roll.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Xdm 5.25 (competition) 9mm, M&P pro 9, or CZ 75 (with/out sp-1) OTB only.

thank you for the super fast response. Yes, I have read a lot about those three including the hickock45 reviews etc....they are about the same. MPpro fixed its trigger on the latest model/pro. About the CZ 75, IF..im not wrong, it is made in Czech..
    But I really need to get more honest reviews from this forum please.........

Quote Originally Posted by gunkucool View Post
    thank you for the super fast response. Yes, I have read a lot about those three including the hickock45 reviews etc....they are about the same. MPpro fixed its trigger on the latest model/pro. About the CZ 75, IF..im not wrong, it is made in Czech..
    But I really need to get more honest reviews from this forum please.........
    The CZ's are made by the Czechs which is an excellent thing. My argument with XD is they were $300.00 pistols imported under different name by the manufacturer in the early 2000's.

Springfield couldn't get their act together on designing a modern striker fired pistol so instead they just bought the rights to the pistol changed some very minor things mostly cosmetic and then raised the price by $300.00-$400.00 depending on the model.

Your best option is to find a range that rents these pistols or models close to them and have at it.

(Bucks County)

I have competed with an XDM 5.25 in .45acp for the last couple of years. I have had no major issues that was not operator error. Please feel free to click my web link below and peruse some of my competition videos. All the shooting is done POV.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by gunkucool View Post
    About the CZ 75, IF..im not wrong, it is made in Czech..
    yes CZ's are made in the Czech. and as stated that is a good thing, the Czech's make wonderful guns, if you havent had a chance to hold a CZ (one of the most copied gun designs, next to the 1911 and high power) then check out the VZ58 (when they were under Russian control and the Russians made everyone use AKs, the Czechs pretty much told Russia to F off and showed them their design and allowed to use it as long as it was in 7.62x39, and in my opinion they made a gun that is what the AK should have been)

OTB I feel the CZ 75 is your best bet. I've had several including the sp 01 I like the standard 75 and the PCR. I have no experience with smith's pro series but I understand they have decent triggers. The xdm series I think are good guns too but will need some trigger work for gun games. IMO the 75 is an awesome pistol with a good following and when you show up to the gun games with one most guys wanna talk to you about it. The omega trigger isn't the best thing but I have no complaints about it and will be adding a 75 to the stable asap after the kiddies open all their gifts from Santa...

(Adams County)

I own a M&P Pro and a XD Comp model. I have shot both in competition. Both shoot great, I have personally shot a lot of XD's and they are blocky and like hammers but they shoot great and take a beating. The XD out of the box as a comp model is more a true competition model, match grade barrel, lightened slide, 19 round mag. The M&P pro is more like a slightly better version of a standard M&P, sights and a slightly better trigger. The trigger still is not that great and the hinge trigger design makes me shoot low-I just feel like I pull the trigger twice, and its a common complaint-plan on a Apex trigger if you get a M&P pro. But Hand size and grip angle really are going to play the most part of your decision, if you plan to shot these in compition, you really do need to work threw some drills with one to get a true feel as placement of mag release, slide release, are important too. I have a M&P Pro for sale in the classifieds.

I have owned all in various calibers. I had the XDM long slide in 40 caliber and it was extremely reliable and accurate with a high capacity. All in all a very good pistol. I owned the Smith M&P in .45. I loved the feel of the pistol and it was reliable, but really lacked accuracy compared to the other .45's that I had. The CZ75 that I had was a Stainless model in 9mm and it was very nice. It had the ergonomics, reliability, and accuracy.

I decided to seriously downsize my gun collection a while ago and that is when I let the XDM and the CZ go, but they are still very desirable pistols, IMO. The S&W not so much.

I like the XDm's more than the M&P, but that's more of a personal ergonomics and trigger preference. I personally don't really notice a difference shooting those two back to back in muzzle flip, but I do shoot the XDm 5.25 more accurately, but it fits my hand better. Both have been completely reliable for me.

Out of those 3 through, the CZ is going to be the best out of the box for accuracy and trigger quality. Their triggers are better than most anything out there in the price range and the XDm/M&P triggers are not even in the same zip code. The SA triggers on the Tactials are amazing for the price. There's a reason they are gaining a cult like following. I don't personally like the aesthetics that much, especially the very tall blocky target sights. A lot of people don't give them a chance, but those that are end up being very impressed.

You didn't say what purpose you were looking to use them for but for accuracy/trigger/reliability combined I'd rank them CZ/XDm/M&P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast