Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Question Glock 21sf mag release issue

Hey all, I have a gen 3 21sf that I'm having an issue with, with a full mag it is almost impossible to depress the mag release with one hand or without adjusting my grip. I have to press on it with extreme pressure compared to my gen4 19. it's a gen3 with the ambi mag release. It seems as though it's a somewhat common issue with the ambi safety guns... My question is what are my options? Will an aftermarket mag release help me out or is there a bigger issue behind it? Also some on glocktalk say to send it back to Glock and they will replace the whole frame. A guy on GT said he didn't want to deal with a gun that had two different SN's so he is just living with the problem... Is it really that big of a deal?
    Am I missing something? Does it make it hard to sell/decrease the value?

I've never dealt with anything like this on any of my guns... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Glock 21sf mag release issue

Having two different s/n's on it should not decrease the value if you decide to sell, just explain what happened. The s/n on the barrel really means nothing, the s/n on the frame is the one that counts. If it doesn't work correctly, then I agree, talk to Glock and see what they say. If you have to ship it back and they replace the frame to fix the problem, then do your happy dance, the frame is the main working part and you've just basically got a new gun.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

I'm going to give them a call when I can, I hear they have great customer service so I shouldn't have any issues.

(Beaver County)

I actually had the same thing happen with my ambi SF.
    I called Glock and they allowed me to just send it in and they replaced it with a standard Gen 3 SF frame.
    The whole process took about 2 weeks.
    I could care less if the slide & frame have different S/Ns.
    It has worked flawlessly since and that's what matters.

(Lehigh County)

I bought a Glock 21SF that originally had the same issue. The original owner shipped it back and got the standard Gen 3 SF frame and it functions fine now. I bought it for a fair price, not under price at all but it came with extra magazine. Very pleased with it.

If you decide to sell yours let me know. I could always find room for another Glock
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Montgomery County)

She's on her way to Georgia. I don't see myself selling it anytime soon but if I do I will certainly let you know.

I really like the sf over the standard grip, even with my big hands it fits very well... Same with my 19... I think I'm turning into a glock fan. I think a 17l or 34 is up next!