Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Post Why still no Sunday hunting!?

Does anyone know where we are on this? Haven't been hearing many updates on the matter at all.
    Last edited by ns821068; December 16th, 2015 at 10:07 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Why still no Sunday hunting!?

A combination of things are going on right now, and apparently our legislators can barely do one thing at a time unless it's what their funding sources want done. Apparently they've been led to believe we're a joke and not worth their time.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lehigh County)

Sure seems that way. Every time we seem to be getting close, it gets shut down and we don't hear about it again. Seems like a very simple matter to me that would make a lot of people pretty damn happy

Reintroduce the legislation as a tax on hunting.
    It will fly through.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lehigh County)

From what I understand, the PA Farm Bureau is very opposed to Sunday hunting and has played a major role in why we still can't hunt on Sundays. There reasoning for this? They believe it will increase trespassing on their land. In my opinion, the guys that are trespassing on their land are already illegally hunting on Sundays anyway.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ns821068 View Post
    From what I understand, the PA Farm Bureau is very opposed to Sunday hunting and has played a major role in why we still can't hunt on Sundays. There reasoning for this? They believe it will increase trespassing on their land. In my opinion, the guys that are trespassing on their land are already illegally hunting on Sundays anyway.
    Yes .really what a bunch of bs

(Chester County)

Does anyone know where we are on this? Haven't been hearing many updates on the matter at all.
    I too am really puzzled by this. All of the nearby land is eased for fox hunting, and they are apparently allowed to do this on Sunday based on what I hear. One of the major fox hunting outfits in the area does not do Sunday hunts, but others do and I hear a lot of hounds on Sundays. I don't have a problem with it, but I often wonder why we can't hunt deer on Sunday as it is quieter. Target shooting is also popular here on Sunday. I have a hard time seeing deer hunting as being disruptive on Sunday, especially as virtually all local properties are eased for fox hunting anyway.
    Last edited by Gripsafety; December 17th, 2015 at 08:00 AM.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Lehigh County)

Everyone needs to start hunting fox and crow on Sundays so then there will be no reason to not let us all hunt deer on Sundays also. Lets go prove to the landowners that Sunday hunting won't spike trespassing!

(Westmoreland County)

Sure seems that way. Every time we seem to be getting close, it gets shut down and we don't hear about it again. Seems like a very simple matter to me that would make a lot of people pretty damn happy
    It'd be nice for kids because the way it is now they get three, maybe four days, depending on their age and school district, to hunt without having to take an absence.

(Lancaster County)

that's the BS excuse they give. Their real motivation is probably being paid off and/or owned by the anti gun political people to keep our culture down. Cutting 50% of the weekend off kills off youth participation which in turn strangles our growth.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast