Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Iron city armory rant

I put the money down for this range membership on November 13th and the owner said it would be a couple more weeks. Fine. I waited. They posted this past weekend on their facebook page a video of him using the range and it said they would be open Wednesday. Well, today is Wednesday so I went in expecting to shoot and they tell me the range isn't open. They're still waiting on the state inspection, nothing they can do they say. At this point, my patience is gone. A simple fucking thing you could have done to save me and who knows how many other people the time of preppring to shoot and driving over there would be to post that update on your page where your owner said you would be open Wednesday. Why is he shooting in the video if they're still waiting for the inspection? It took me 20 minutes to drive there but it would have taken a total of maybe 10 seconds to type "opening delayed pending final inspection". The range not being finished isn't what pissed me off, it's that apparently there was nothing they can do. I hate that fucking line. I've already paid the membership and I have a suspicion they're not going to refund it, I did ask and got a complete non-answer that I would need to talk to the owner who's never there. For now, I will reserve judgement and see where this goes because I have no other options. If I hadn't already invested $300 into this range, I would never go back there for any reason.

UDPDATE! As of 12-19, they have refunded my range membership and told me never to come back. Below is the screenshot from their facebook page because I couldn't get the owner by calling. I went in, they wrote me a check and told me I was no longer welcome in their store. The image speaks for itself.

This is the private message this guy sent from his personal facebook page.
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; December 19th, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: Iron city armory rant

As of an hour ago, their Facebook page says "A few more days, sorry."

I'm wondering how those diamond plate shooting booths are going to work out.
    Last edited by Grey Bearded One; December 16th, 2015 at 07:11 PM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    As of an hour ago, their Facebook page says "A few more days, sorry."

I'm wondering how those diamond plate shooting boots are going to work out.
    "Nothing we can do". This is what you could have done. Instead of posting it the day of at 1pm, post it yesterday or the day before. About an hour after I left they put that up. I was there at noon, it's 4 now. Unless this came as a surprise to them when they opened this morning, there's no reason why someone couldn't take a few seconds to post it earlier.

(Beaver County)

They have also removed the post saying it would be open today and the video of their owner using the range.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Can't argue with that. I'm hoping that the place survives and is worth my $300. I belong to PMSC but rarely go there because it is on the other side of the planet.

(Lackawanna County)

You also could have followed up and made a phone call. It's better to take tthings into your own hands then rely on others to have information correct.

(Allegheny County)

I have been keeping tabs on this range opening for several months (July was the original time frame that I was told). Was planning to go down there this evening, but my wife saw the post on facebook about the delay.

We have plans on purchasing a membership, after we check it out.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You also could have followed up and made a phone call. It's better to take tthings into your own hands then rely on others to have information correct.
    +1 Never rely on any media for accurate and up to date information. I would have confirmed with a phone call if it was going to be a lot of time and trouble for me to prepare and drive there.
    Toujours prêt

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    +1 Never rely on any media for accurate and up to date information. I would have confirmed with a phone call if it was going to be a lot of time and trouble for me to prepare and drive there.
    I ignored this the first time because I thought it was such a waste of time for the person to even write. The video they posted was THE OWNER using the range and it said it would be open wednesday. Obviously in retrospect, I should have called. Obviously. I would still be bitching about them thought because the guy took a video of him shooting in the range before it passed inspection.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I ignored this the first time because I thought it was such a waste of time for the person to even write. The video they posted was THE OWNER using the range and it said it would be open wednesday. Obviously in retrospect, I should have called. Obviously. I would still be bitching about them thought because the guy took a video of him shooting in the range before it passed inspection.
    I understand your frustration and excitement. I couldn't help to state the obvious.
    Over my life time I've been burned too many times by acting on data I didn't confirm. Being older and wiser now, I confirm the data before proceeding.
    Personally, I'd be very hesitant to put out that much cash in advance for something that wasn't already established and running to my satisfaction. I'd probably of just waited for the range to open and tried it out several times before I committed to any long term contract. Hope it all works out soon in your favor.
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast