Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Any recent experience getting CLEO signature in Montgomery County?

Anyone recently try to get CLEO signature on a form 1 or 4 in Montgomery County? If so, how did it go? Approved/Denied? How long? Comments on the experience?

I've done everything via trust so far. Had big plans to ensure I'd be happy regardless of whether 41P was finalized in the form it was proposed. But recently I've been hit by a damn tsunami of bad luck that's made it financially imprudent for me to snatch up my remaining desires in the next few months. I'm wondering what I can expect should CLEO requirements for corp/trusts actually come to pass.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Any recent experience getting CLEO signature in Montgomery County?

The problem right now is there was a new Sheriff elected in November that starts in January, so unless you are going this week I do not think anyone knows. While I have gone through trusts I know people who had gotten Bono's signature and it has been pretty straight forward, but with a Democrat starting in January that will probably change.

I still can not believe that the Republicans and gun owners of this county failed to show up for this last election. Sheriff Bono has been very good to us , and for him to lose by 6,000 votes when Kilkenny only got 86,000 votes pathetic. Any gun owner in PA who missed this last election has lost the right to complain IMO. If you did not vote, and the corp/trust goes away, it is your own fault that you will not be able to get the NFA items you want. We can all bitch and complain about NFA, ATF, and the .gov and I agree, but things only get worse when we do not get off asses and vote.

Factor in the state supreme court elections and they should be ashamed, it is embarrassing that we did not get more people out.

(Montgomery County)

I know I got my ass out there. They leaved through a bunch of pages in the name book until they got to mine... didn't see another name with an R next to it on any of the pages. People probably just hit all D or all R decided by what party they belong to. In terms of that alone, we may just be outnumbered. Plenty of Ds own guns. Don't understand how they don't see what their party is doing, but then again it's no surprise how dumb people can be.

(Montgomery County)

So, asking out of ignorance here, but if I submit an application to this new sheriff and it gets denied, am I SOL, or do I just go through another NFA friendly sheriff in another county?
    And if another sheriff is an option, can't I just go straight to them or do I have to try first with my county?

(For what is worth, I voted but the rest of Montco apparently didn't)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinaheart View Post
    So, asking out of ignorance here, but if I submit an application to this new sheriff and it gets denied, am I SOL, or do I just go through another NFA friendly sheriff in another county?
    And if another sheriff is an option, can't I just go straight to them or do I have to try first with my county?

(For what is worth, I voted but the rest of Montco apparently didn't)
    I don't think you can go to another county, it has to be where you live. Do you have a local police force? If so, try there first, especially if you've lived there awhile. You can alway wait too for another 6 months, then the CLEO sign off goes away.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    You can alway wait too for another 6 months, then the CLEO sign off goes away.
    That's become my plan. I've got a lower to SBR and I will want a can for it too.

(Northampton County)

You cannot go to a county in which you do not reside. But like kadonny mentioned if you have a township police force where you live that sheriff may also sign off. It is a misconception that the CLEO sign off needs to be the county sheriff.