Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Luzerne County Refusal To Accept LTCF Application

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    The court house where the sherriff resides is open five days a week.

Not makeing excuses for them. Just saying.

Even if you could mail it in it is doubtful they would work on them beyond the normal operational hours.

45 minutes beats 45 days.
    So how long is the dept open accepting LTCF applications?

This Hazleton location is a satellite office with the main office being in the Wilkes-Barre court house. I used to be the one man satellite office for the VA Regional Office in Wilkes Barre. The main office is in Phila. I did the best I could with the time I had but I know that people missed my open hours. They came back for my afternoon hours or came another day. At least Wilkes Barre is not 100 miles away. WB may not be as convenient as the town just down the road but it may be your only alternative. Shop at Bocov's, visit the mall, see what acts are coming at that theater on the square, take a walk along the river or in Kirby Park. You are armed and permitted. Treat yourself just a little.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    There are two locations. The primary in Wilkes Barre and the secondary in Hazleton. The secondary location is open only 8:00-3:00 Monday. My experiences are limited to the Hazleton location however somebody there told me they tried Wilkes Barre and ran into the same issue.

Sounds like I need to go to Wilkes Barre and see for myself.

If you could mail it in or drop it off and let them process it, then return for your pics check and photo that would resolve a lot of issues but that is not the case. The issue is they won't even take it from you until they get to your name on the sheet which apparently takes most of the day. For example, the person I spoke with who arrived at 9 and was issued his license at 2 said there were 5 guys ahead of him. So between 9 and 2 they processed a whopping 6 applications.

Again, sounds like I need to go try my luck in Wilkes Barre at the courthouse and see if it is any better. I can wait an hour or two but all day is unacceptable.

Seems like the surge in applications across the state has initiated some protocols that only make sense to government employees. I'm not ready just yet to hang the sheriff. I can see how something such as this can occur, inexcusable as it may be.

Did you try to call the actual sheriffs office and explain the situation?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Seems like the surge in applications across the state has initiated some protocols that only make sense to government employees. I'm not ready just yet to hang the sheriff. I can see how something such as this can occur, inexcusable as it may be.

Did you try to call the actual sheriffs office and explain the situation?
    I have called and emailed and am waiting to hear back.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I only go to the court house. I believe it to be 9 to 5. But they break for lunch.

I do not see how droppi g the app.off or mailing it in would change the time waiting at the office. Weather the twait for the whole review or just to take your picture you would wait in line.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
    There are two locations. The primary in Wilkes Barre and the secondary in Hazleton. The secondary location is open only 8:00-3:00 Monday. My experiences are limited to the Hazleton location however somebody there told me they tried Wilkes Barre and ran into the same issue.

Sounds like I need to go to Wilkes Barre and see for myself.

If you could mail it in or drop it off and let them process it, then return for your pics check and photo that would resolve a lot of issues but that is not the case. The issue is they won't even take it from you until they get to your name on the sheet which apparently takes most of the day. For example, the person I spoke with who arrived at 9 and was issued his license at 2 said there were 5 guys ahead of him. So between 9 and 2 they processed a whopping 6 applications.

Again, sounds like I need to go try my luck in Wilkes Barre at the courthouse and see if it is any better. I can wait an hour or two but all day is unacceptable.
    I'd try the courthouse.

I don't see a reason reason why the application could not be dropped off for processing. When it is ready for pickup you get a letter in the mail. This is how it was done when I initially got my LTCF in my county of residence. When mine needs renewed I take the renewal application that I have previously filled out and take it in. At the sherrif's office you wait in line (if their is one), you give them your application and money, you sit and they call your name when the application is processed/background check done, sit down wait for name to call to get picture taken, get picture taken, get LTCF and leave. The sherrif's office in my county is open Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm.

(Lackawanna County)

The last time I was there I had to wait while the guy was on lunch. 15 minutes later I was done.

This was just last year.
    Did you go to the Hazelton office, or did you just go to the courthouse in Wilkes-Barre?

Perhaps, the OP could just make the run to Wilkes-Barre?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Did you go to the Hazelton office, or did you just go to the courthouse in Wilkes-Barre?

Perhaps, the OP could just make the run to Wilkes-Barre?
    Always Wilkes Barre.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Always Wilkes Barre.
    My brother, who lives in Luzerne County, says there is sometimes a line at the courthouse, but never a "you have to come back another day" line. Here in Lackawanna County, it takes me longer to find a parking space in downtown Scranton than it takes for me to be in and out of the courthouse with LTCF in hand.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast