Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CZ2075 Rami Sight Question?

I purchased a beautiful Rami a couple months ago. First Couple times I took it shooting I shot pretty well with it. The last two times I recently took it to the range however, it was shooting way out, and I mean WAY out. I don't believe they are adjustable sights, so I'm not really sure what could have happened to it. It sucks because it became my primary carry, and now I don't want to carry it because it is so inaccurate. Any ideas? Suggestions?
    Shoulda' bought a Hi-Point

(Berks County)

Default Re: CZ2075 Rami Sight Question?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybusiness View Post
    I purchased a beautiful Rami a couple months ago. First Couple times I took it shooting I shot pretty well with it. The last two times I recently took it to the range however, it was shooting way out, and I mean WAY out. I don't believe they are adjustable sights, so I'm not really sure what could have happened to it. It sucks because it became my primary carry, and now I don't want to carry it because it is so inaccurate. Any ideas? Suggestions?
    Not sure. Mine is a couple years old now, but it does have adjustable sights.

If yours does not, has your grip changed? Shot with gloves on now? Anything that may be different....

(Allegheny County)

I didn't really change anything. Same old grip i always shoot with, and I was shooting great with my ruger.

(Delaware County)

Same ammo?

(Susquehanna County)

Take a look at your rear sight. If it is a fixed sight and it looks like it is not centered (left-right) it probably slid out of position under recoil. My 75B Shadow did this after about 200 rounds. My rear sight is a fixed sight held in place by a set screw if yours is the same, loosen the screw and drive the sight (using a soft punch) all the way out (drive out from right to left, install left to right) use some pure acetone or strong alcohol to degrease the metal under the sight, roughen the surface under the sight with a bit of crocus cloth, use a small center punch to dimple the spot where the screw seats. Then remove the screw from the sight and degrease it and the threads that it seats in. Add a dab of Loctite to the area under the sight. Now reinstall the sight and center it to suit. Put a dab of Loctite on the set screw and reinstall it to the sight with as much torque as you dare.
    You now have a permanently (we hope) fixed sight! From here on out changing ammo will necessitate the use of changing aiming points.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

I also bought a RAMI a few months ago and since put 300 rounds through it. I can tell I have no issues putting it in the 10 circle from 20 feet away without any issues. Its pretty dead on. I have the BD with night sights. I love the little thing. Im waiting on my leather holster so I cn carry it daily. You may be changing your grip slightly and you are not noctiing it. Just placing your hands in .00001 of a mm in one way or the other can throw off your aim big time. I was doing the same thing with my Springfield XDs and thought it was my sights. I had my nephew (LEO marksman) try it and he was able to place shots no problem in the bulls eye. You might want to re-think your grip or grip pressure and play around with that a little bit. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks guys for the insight. Next time i take it shooting I'll keep these things in mind and let you all know if anything changes.