Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Smile Split Rock Gun Show ?

Hear that there will be a show there this weekend ? 12/12 and 12/13 ?

Default Re: Split Rock Gun Show ?

Just found the info at poconojoes site.Yes there is a show,with all the activity going on with citizens buying guns for defense dont know if i want to brave this expected huge crowd more people than normally . JMO/MDT

(Bucks County)

Saturday and Sunday are to be very nice days, which may also boost attendance. This is an Eagle Arms show...check site for $1 coupon.

So, anyone see a problem with their coupon? Wonder if it would work. Not planning on going but for $1.00 it might be worth it.Coupon Split Rock.jpg

(Bucks County)

Yep! As Rush keeps reminding us, words mean things. That coupon reads that you get in for a buck.

(Delaware County)

Does say in the ad $8.00 admission my guess they must have left out the off part

Disappointing ! May be because of last day rifle deer season but now where near the crowd expected ! Magazines were hardly there for display and prices on well used Glock 19 first gen mags 10 round were $30 ! ? Did not see a lot of Pics checks going on,the mags I went there for could not be found,Used crap holsters.AK 47 & AR were dominant but better deals can be had by my LGS and at $200 to $350 cheaper.223 ammo pricey as you would have thought.Even my wife was dismayed at price increases ! Just maybe money is super tight for a lot of folks,including me.Eagle shows are always good but this one ? JMO/MDT

(Chester County)

We were there Sunday from around 12:00 - 2:30 pm.

The impressions:

1. I didn't see any panic buying and during that time period of strolling around I only saw a few sets of paperwork being filled out. Lots of close parking available - seemed like the more distant lots were empty.

2. Don't know how many vendors attended, but it looked like 2/3-3/4 of what vendors normally show up to sell stuff. And not too many buyers this time on Sunday. Didn't bump into anybody, plenty of aisle space, and only one guy squeezed out a silent fart which I managed to dodge as soon as I smelled it drifting my way.

3. Saw one guy buying 10 boxes of .380 ammo and a few others buying larger boxes, but lots of 500 and 1000 round boxes never left the floor in a customer's hand

4. Beef sticks were great - $10 for a walk-around bag which knocked back the edge of hunger.

5. Did take home a $525 out-the-door deal on a "as new" stainless Ruger .44 Mag New Model Super Blackhawk w/Bisley grips with box, paperwork, and everything else included. Hard to tell if it was ever fired, but I cleaned it up anyways.

6. Oh, and lots of junk Chinese knives, rifle cases, etc. Maybe I missed them, but I was surprised that "Ed's Sport Shop", Dunkleberger's, and a few others weren't there.

7. Lots of 8 lb jugs of power available, and I could be wrong, but it didn't look like TNT's normal set-up (nobody was behind the tables, just powder and no bullets displayed).

8. Got "swept" only 3X by newbies handling pistols - all by women who didn't know a thing about the gun they were holding but had a smiling boyfriend standing 3 feet behind them. Looked like straw buyers to me, but I wasn't the one selling...

I don't want to make predictions for the Oaks show this week, but I'm really glad I'm not a vendor
    - bamboomaster

(Monroe County)

Horrible show. Went Saturday morning. Back room was half empty. Prices were high and the selection was horrible.

Sounds like dealers were charging panic pricing , but no one was biting.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!