Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Surefire G2X Pro or Streamlight Polytac LED?

I'm looking at the Surefire G2X Pro Dual Output LED and Streamlight Polytac LED as an EDC flashlight. I'm only interested in these two (2) flashlights. Anybody have an thoughts or opinions on these flashlights? I like how Streamlight is in PA, but the light is made in China. The Surefire is made in the USA.

Surefire G2X Pro Dual Output LED

Streamlight Polytac LED
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Default Re: Surefire G2X Pro or Streamlight Polytac LED?

I got the G2x Pro a while ago and use the hell out of it daily, since I leave the house for work at 5:30 AM. The 15 lumen "low" setting is more than enough to leave the house in the morning and find something I'm looking for. And the 320 lumen setting is just ridiculous for when you need light now.

I'd go with the G2x Pro. Its a bit more than the Streamlight, but as you said - the entire thing in Made in the USA and both its low power and full power settings are better than the Streamlight.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    I got the G2x Pro a while ago and use the hell out of it daily, since I leave the house for work at 5:30 AM. The 15 lumen "low" setting is more than enough to leave the house in the morning and find something I'm looking for. And the 320 lumen setting is just ridiculous for when you need light now.

I'd go with the G2x Pro. Its a bit more than the Streamlight, but as you said - the entire thing in Made in the USA and both its low power and full power settings are better than the Streamlight.

Also if you don't like the 15watt feature of the G2X pro, you can cut the small copper wire in the head and it becomes a single feature 320lumen tac light. I got in on one when Wally World had the fire sale for $35.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    Also if you don't like the 15watt feature of the G2X pro, you can cut the small copper wire in the head and it becomes a single feature 320lumen tac light. I got in on one when Wally World had the fire sale for $35.
    Not sure why you would want to do that when the G2x Tactical is a single output 320 lumen flashlight instead of the dual output 15 lumen and 320 lumen G2x Pro.

(Tioga County)

I spent a bit extra and got the Surefire 6PX. Same internals I believe as the G2X just an aluminum body instead.

I've had it for over a year and love it. Everyone else thinks it's great too. You can't go wrong with Surefire.

Olight has been getting great reviews so I am looking at trying one of their lights.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I spent a bit extra and got the Surefire 6PX. Same internals I believe as the G2X just an aluminum body instead.

I've had it for over a year and love it. Everyone else thinks it's great too. You can't go wrong with Surefire.

Olight has been getting great reviews so I am looking at trying one of their lights.
    I have an olight and love it, but it won't fit the mag/light pouch I ordered. The olight is very bright, easy to use, and can take a beating. I've dropped mine in water and the light still stayed on.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Westmoreland County)

I almost ordered that exact surefire to mount to my AR but decided on the Streamlight Protac HL instead. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

I've had a couple of Streamlights and really came to like the strobe setting. It seems Surefire doesn't have this feature.

ETA: I think the strobe could be pretty useful in a self defense situation. My brother can confirm it is pretty disorientating.
    Last edited by splink; December 9th, 2015 at 12:11 PM.