Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Govenor Wolf orders Flags to half mast.

"In accordance with the President’s proclamation, Governor Tom Wolf has ordered all United States and Pennsylvania flags at the Capitol Complex, Commonwealth facilities and all public buildings and grounds throughout the state lowered to half-staff effective immediately. This is a mark of respect for the victims of gun violence that took place on December 2, 2015, in San Bernardino, California. Flags are to remain at half-staff thru sunset on December 7, 2015"
    I agree we should honor the victims. But I will always think of them as victims of terrorism and not gun violence. In my mind there is a difference.
    Last edited by wsd302; December 6th, 2015 at 05:49 PM.

Default Re: Govenor Wolf orders Flags to half mast.

I agree. This should NOT be put in the mass shooting column.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Chester County)

This was an attack on Americans by foreign agents.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Lets also remember Pearl Harbor Day

74th anniversary of the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor
    Dec 7th ,2015

Flags to Remain at Half-Staff for Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day!

"On this day, we recognize the extraordinary sacrifices of all who served in Pearl Harbor nearly 75 years ago, in addition to the over 2,400 people - both military and civilian - who lost their lives in the attack," Malloy said in a written statement. "This day of remembrance is also an opportunity to thank all of those who served our country during World War II, courageously responding to the call of duty. We are grateful to all who serve in our military to protect our freedoms and stand up for democracy."

Flags are already at half-staff per President Barack Obama's proclamation last week to honor victims killed in the deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California.
    Last edited by NRA Member; December 6th, 2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added date
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Chester County)

Fuck gov Wolf, all he stands for and all he supports and demands. Any of our reps who compromise with him have to go. It's that easy.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Allegheny County)

I am so fed up with the bullshit wording the antis love to use "gun violence" ..what??? Did the gun think the killings out and drive there and choose its targets and end their lives?

Why not call it like it is ... fucked up criminally insane hate filled "people" violence.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wsd302 View Post
    "In accordance with the President’s proclamation, Governor Tom Wolf has ordered all United States and Pennsylvania flags at the Capitol Complex, Commonwealth facilities and all public buildings and grounds throughout the state lowered to half-staff effective immediately. This is a mark of respect for the victims of gun violence that took place on December 2, 2015, in San Bernardino, California. Flags are to remain at half-staff thru sunset on December 7, 2015"
    I agree we should honor the victims. But I will always think of them as victims of terrorism and not gun violence. In my mind there is a difference.
    Victims of gun violence... Governor Wolf, the Great White Obama.

Hey, don't blame me. I voted for Corbett and sent him campaign money. Even though he was a dumbass Rino Corbett was light years ahead of this 1970s Liberal retread.

(Erie County)

The way that I read the rules on flag etiquette neither the President or the Governor have the authority to call for the flag to be flown at half staff. As terrible as the deaths of the people that were murdered they were not Former presidents, Governors, principal figures of the government or foreign dignitaries.

FLYING THE FLAG AT HALF-STAFF: The pertinent section of the Flag Code says, "by order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a State, territory, or possesion, as a mark of respect to their memory. In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    Lets also remember Pearl Harbor Day

74th anniversary of the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor
    Dec 7th ,2015

Flags to Remain at Half-Staff for Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day!

"On this day, we recognize the extraordinary sacrifices of all who served in Pearl Harbor nearly 75 years ago, in addition to the over 2,400 people - both military and civilian - who lost their lives in the attack," Malloy said in a written statement. "This day of remembrance is also an opportunity to thank all of those who served our country during World War II, courageously responding to the call of duty. We are grateful to all who serve in our military to protect our freedoms and stand up for democracy."

That's to honor the victims of airplane violence.

(Bucks County)

Time to fly it upside down. (since 1/20/2009)
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast