Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default What should I expect from a Banner by Bushnell scope?

I had a Banner scope made by Bushnell in 3-9x40 that I mounted on a twenty inch barreled Bushmaster A3 target rifle. This gun has been accurate as I could ask of it with iron sights but I recently dedicated my 16 inch gun to A2 configuration and want to try scoping this one. Does anyone have any experience with this scope? Reviews on the net are mostly quite favorable. I just want to know in advance where to place the blame if my accuracy is not what I expect. Rifle, scope or shooter. Thanks, Brian
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(York County)

Default Re: What should I expect from a Banner by Bushnell scope?

If someting goes south it's all shooter! I've used scopes from a variety of manufacturers over the years. Right now I've got a Banner and two Trophy XLT scopes from Bushnell on my three favorite rifles bigger than .22LR. Not because I'm cheap (I am), but because they are an incredible value: they are well built & strong, have excellent optical clarity and brightness, and they have a lifetime warranty, all for +/_ $100.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Forest County)

I bought a 3 x 9 Bushnell Banner in 1967 and installed it on my 7.7 Arisaka. This scope has been an incredible value for me. I have lost track of the number of deer I have harvested with this combination over the years since. About 10 years ago I started hunting with a Ruger #1 25.06 single shot rifle. I hadn't shot the Arisaka for a long while so I took it to the range a few weeks ago. My first 3 shots were 2" Right and 1"Low at 100 yds. I overcorrected and the 2nd '3 shot' group was slightly to the left. After the final adjustment I put 3 shots into the center of the bullseye and all three shots could be covered with a quarter. I must state however that I am using my own handloads in a very accurate sporterized mil rifle. But the point is, the scope is still performing perfectly after 50 years of hard use. In my opinion, it would be hard to find a finer scope at the price of a Banner.
    Last edited by robertceckerjr; December 25th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.

(Bucks County)

The only thing is...the old excellent Banners were made in Japan and I believe the new ones are Chinese. Country is what I look for when I look at scopes on the tables at the gun shows. Tasco used to get crap comments. Now they are recognized as having been good optics in the old Made in Japan days and are commanding sought-after prices today.

If memory serves, Bushnell is now part of the group marketing Marlin and Remington and a host of other shooting sports stuff. I am not saying today's Bushnell Banner is good or bad, just suggesting some research (consumer reviews) may be in order.

(Beaver County)

With your track record it dosen't matter what is. Your going to break it.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

it dosen't matter

Ummm....you just broke a word...