Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Harrisburg Patriot News - Actively Pushing Anti - Gun / Anti - Second Amendment

Over the past several years, it would appear to me that the Harrisburg Patriot News has turned vehemently anti-gun. Their editorial board has now taken a very pro-active position to drive their agenda, led by John Micek, Editorial and Opinions editor for Patriot News and PennLive (their online content).

The most recent example of their activism can be found here:

http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2015...ment=423505120

The reason for my post is this: It seems that an organization that owes it existence to the First Amendment should not be in the business of destroying the Second Amendment. But, the Patriot News is a business that should not be supported by those that it is attacking. I have canceled my subscription and am urging all gun owners that subscribe to do the same. Would love to see a viral campaign urging all gun owners to withdraw their subscription support , along with withdrawing support of businesses that advertise in this paper.

Thoughts on how to get this rolling?
    Last edited by PaGrouser; December 5th, 2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo

(Chester County)

Default Re: Harrisburg Patriot News - Actively Pushing Anti - Gun / Anti - Second Amendment

Well, lets call their game. Pass your gun confiscation laws, put your money where your mouth is. Step up and do what you think you have to do. We'll also do what we think we'll need to do. It's time to put up or shut up.
    Last edited by JenniferG; December 5th, 2015 at 11:22 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Default Re: Harrisburg Patriot News - Actively Pushing Anti - Gun / Anti - Second Amendment

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Allegheny County)

Yinzburgh Post-Gazette has been like that for years. And been years since we bought a paper.

Don't even browse their website so they can't accumulate "hits" either. Fuck them.

The 4th estate thinks they are coated in teflon. Not so. Wait'll the next despot takes over in the WhiteHouse and decides they don't like what they hear and read - and EO's restrictions on them.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Yinzburgh Post-Gazette has been like that for years. And been years since we bought a paper.

Don't even browse their website so they can't accumulate "hits" either. Fuck them.

The 4th estate thinks they are coated in teflon. Not so. Wait'll the next despot takes over in the WhiteHouse and decides they don't like what they hear and read - and EO's restrictions on them.
    Ya don't have to wait, Hillary already tells the papers and major broadcast what to say. You can throw in ole dumbass also. Sad that the NEWS people ars so brain washed. Anyone remember TASS news agency in the USSR?

(Washington County)

Everyone is attacking the paper. This will not have as much impact as attacking the advertisers. Call the advertisers an tell them you will not buy their product or service. As always follow the money.

(Lancaster County)

This is the result of who influences journalism schools ans whatever else taught these people how to think.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Call, write, and/or email the advertisers to let them know this will not be tolerated.

Don't talk to the dog that craps on your lawn, talk to the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by PaGrouser View Post
    Over the past several years, it would appear to me that the Harrisburg Patriot News has turned vehemently anti-gun. Their editorial board has now taken a very pro-active position to drive their agenda, led by John Micek, Editorial and Opinions editor for Patriot News and PennLive (their online content).

The most recent example of their activism can be found here:

http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2015...ment=423505120

The reason for my post is this: It seems that an organization that owes it existence to the First Amendment should not be in the business of destroying the Second Amendment. But, the Patriot News is a business that should not be supported by those that it is attacking. I have canceled my subscription and am urging all gun owners that subscribe to do the same. Would love to see a viral campaign urging all gun owners to withdraw their subscription support , along with withdrawing support of businesses that advertise in this paper.

Thoughts on how to get this rolling?

John L. Micek | jmicek@pennlive.com

About Me:
    Vinyl addict. Soccer fan. Grilling fanatic. Editorial and Opinions Editor for PennLive and The Patriot-News.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot