Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Since the gut pile of my deer was 100 yds from the house, a buddy suggested putting a camera on the pile to see what happens by.
    I got a bunch of deer sniffing around, raccoons , fox and coyotes all checking out the leftovers.

IMG_0086 coyote at gut pile pic #1 by poofy27, on Flickr

IMG_0087 coyote at gut pile pic #2 by poofy27, on Flickr

IMG_0029 2 foxes at gut pile by poofy27, on Flickr

IMG_0021 Buck at gut pile by poofy27, on Flickr

IMG_0026 legal buck at gut pile #2 by poofy27, on Flickr
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Kind of odd that the dear took an interest....so,who ran who off so they could have it to themselves?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Mine was a great year to fill the freezer. A mature doe and a 2 1/2 year old 8 point in archery season - Unit 1B (Which was interrupted by the birth of our second son in October) and another antlerless tag filled at our cabin in 2H during rifle season. Both my archery deer, I was blessed to have my 3 year old son alongside. He's a deer magnet for some reason. He loves coming along and is already talking about next year.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Kind of odd that the dear took an interest....so,who ran who off so they could have it to themselves?
    It's been a week and the yote just came last night.
    The deer ( I think 3 or 4 buck and maybe a dozen doe) have been sniffing around all week.
    The 2 foxes also have been there almost every night as have the raccoons.

Whatever is left is minimal at this point.

The buck had no exit wound so did not bleed much running to this point. When he went down, it looked like someone threw a 5 gallon bucket of blood down the hill for 10 feet or so. That seems like what the deer are sniffing around.

Snow has covered what is left but I just changed out the SD card this afternoon.

The gut pile is on a heavily used trail so I believe the deer are coming past and sniffing around moving from point A to point B.

Gyoas769,

Great job this season and looks like an interested future hunter as well
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyoas759 View Post
    Mine was a great year to fill the freezer. A mature doe and a 2 1/2 year old 8 point in archery season - Unit 1B (Which was interrupted by the birth of our second son in October) and another antlerless tag filled at our cabin in 2H during rifle season. Both my archery deer, I was blessed to have my 3 year old son alongside. He's a deer magnet for some reason. He loves coming along and is already talking about next year.

Nice! Plenty of venison to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyoas759 View Post

Nice job! Nice to see the youngster out there with you!

(Wayne County)

Young man looks like he’s saying YUP THATS MY DAD. What caliber Marlin, I just sold my 35 rem.

Could a mod make this thread a sticky, so we don't have to dig it up every year?
    It makes sense to have one thread for the topic.

Please, and thanks.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Young man looks like he’s saying YUP THATS MY DAD. What caliber Marlin, I just sold my 35 rem.
    30-30. Love it for hunting brushy/thick cover. Took a nice bear with it last season. Picking up a 308 Marlin Express tomorrow to have longer range capability for big woods hunting in some of my spots. Love marlin rifles. Been using them since day 1 in the deer woods.

(Wayne County)

I hear ya on the 30-30 Gyoas759. I kept my JM 30-30 and use 170 grain Silvertips, the old ones with the aluminum tip. I found a case of them in a small gun shop 3 years ago and they’ll last me until I die. Good hunting to ya.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast