Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

No squirrels for me, I like big four legged rodents. I wouldn't mind a nice squirrel stew.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

I just cooked my first squirrel (sorry, no pics), fried him up. Tastes like... chicken, mostly. I think I overcooked it though, it's kinda tough.

(Bucks County)

Got a doe at dusk last night. Crossbow, about 25 yards, quartering shot in neck and out opposite shoulder, ran about 20 yards, face planted and was dead. No pics but it did happen. :-)

And I HATE shooting a deer at dusk, well, don't hate it as bad as not getting anything but it makes the job a little more of a hassle.

That was actually my first kill with a cross bow, do you experienced folk reuse the bolt? I have plenty so it's not an issue but wondering what others do. I inspected it quickly and looked fine but curious what others do.

Tagged a decent girl this a.m.
    20161017_112642_small.jpg
    Back to buck hunting for me.
    FUCK BIDEN

nice one
    my buddy was sending me picks from his stand last night of a pretty nice 8
    deliberated shooting it for 15 minutes and let it walk
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Tagged a decent girl this a.m.
    20161017_112642_small.jpg
    Back to buck hunting for me.
    That one looks like it enjoys hanging around Hoe's.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That one looks like it enjoys hanging around Hoe's.
    It's a loader. No hoe
    FUCK BIDEN

Finally picked up my license today no mo doe tags left anywhere so it's going to be small game for me and maybe I can score a Buck in rifle season.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    Got a doe at dusk last night. Crossbow, about 25 yards, quartering shot in neck and out opposite shoulder, ran about 20 yards, face planted and was dead. No pics but it did happen. :-)

And I HATE shooting a deer at dusk, well, don't hate it as bad as not getting anything but it makes the job a little more of a hassle.

That was actually my first kill with a cross bow, do you experienced folk reuse the bolt? I have plenty so it's not an issue but wondering what others do. I inspected it quickly and looked fine but curious what others do.
    Put a fieldtip on it a do some target shooting. If it survives ten shots and still flies true then use it again.

Obviously sharpen or replace your broad head.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post

I reuse bolts. I have an arrow / bolt spinner to check that it's not bent.

I use Spitfire 100 3 blade mechanicals and replace all 3 blades after a deer.

Congrats on some meat
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast