Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Congrats to all on the harvests! Getting nice bucks on public land is not easy, well done!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Dropped a fat Lebanon Co. farm doe this morning. I have never seen so much fat on a deer.

(Allegheny County)

Wow, You guys are doing great.

Nice racks, Great pics.

I got skunked up at the camp.
    I saw one doe from Monday through Thursday noon. That doe I kicked by just walking through the woods looking to spook anything.
    My buddy saw a big racked buck but it busted him and he never got a shot. He said it was the biggest buck he ever saw around there.

Drove back home, went to 2A today and shot a doe just to get some jerky meat. That's the first with my .300 WinMag.
    One thing different was the knife I used to clean the doe. It was the first knife I ever had given to me by my grandfather who passed in 1979. I was maybe 8 or 9 so we are talking about 60 years ago.
    It is a cheap broken bakelite handled fixed blade which was lost in my garage, rusted with the original beat to crap sheath.
    I put a decent edge on it, cleaned off the rust mostly and it did a good job.
    I apologize for crapping up this thread with so many beautiful trophy animals with a doe pic but so far, she is my current trophy. Ha.
    2017-12-02_06-16-57 by poofy27, on Flickr
    I'll take a slug gun to a buddy's farm Monday. He has a few nice bucks there but no one sees them in daylight.
    I teach Tuesday so will likely archery hunt in the back yard.
    I have one more doe tag for 2B so if another comes along, I will probly shoot it.

I was going to drive that doe 2 1/2 hours just to hang it on the new pole but decided against it. Ha,

Great job guys congrats to all of you.
    Last edited by 27hand; December 3rd, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Great job 27hand. I hope to get out in 1B with my pistol next Saturday for a doe. Good luck.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Great job 27hand. I hope to get out in 1B with my pistol next Saturday for a doe. Good luck.
    Jules, thanks.
    The one you got is a monster. Congrats on that one.
    I don't hunt areas with big racked bucks. Well, maybe I just don't see them.
    The farm I'm heading to tomorrow has a few decent 8s.
    If a doe presents a shot though, I'll take it.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Wayne County)

27hand good size doe, and meat am be meat.

(Westmoreland County)

Good job 27hand! I hunt for meat. Doe or buck it does not matter to me. One deer supplements our meat consumption nicely. Two is perfect. We split that one with my brother in law who greatly appreciates it. Sure, getting a nice buck in the process is an added bonus but antlers don't fill the freezer.

Have not been able to hunt this year due to heart attack ! But My generous LGS (wallenpaupack Sports ) gifted me with some smoked venision and it was delicious ! And to all the successful hunters out there keep the pics coming,I cant hunt this season but just seeing yourpics gives me pleasure of the hunt ! MDT

Here is one I killed opening weekend in MS. I’ll have to find a place to hunt once I get up there for sure!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post

Here is one I killed opening weekend in MS. I’ll have to find a place to hunt once I get up there for sure!
    You should also find a new picture hosting site too.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast