Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    35 remmy hey, I thought there was no ammo for that rifle anymore. Nice going Rosco, enjoy the venison.
    Not only that I used one of my best warshots. 40+ year old Winchester 200gr silver tips. I cobbled a full box together digging though stands at gunshows. For less than new.

Young lady harvested her first deer yesterday with her Ruger American compact chambered in .243. She raised her rifle and waited for the doe to turn broadside. She said, "Dad, I am going to go" I heard the safety click off. She repeated, "DAD, I AM GOING TO GO".
    Nice she was waiting for the "send it" but had the confandace to send it anyway and skills to back it up. Give her a fist bump from me.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

She appreciates all of the kind replies.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Young lady harvested her first deer yesterday with her Ruger American compact chambered in .243. She raised her rifle and waited for the doe to turn broadside. She said, "Dad, I am going to go" I heard the safety click off. She repeated, "DAD, I AM GOING TO GO". She squeezed off the shot at 80 yards offhand and dropped the deer in its tracks with a perfect heart shot. The 90 grain Nosler ballistic tip did a great job. She was pumped and Dad was proud. I was impressed that she remained calm as a cucumber. The time prepping at the range paid off.

CONGRATS!!! Great first harvest and hopefully many happy hunting years ahead. Is that your ground blind in the background?

That is a ground blind back there. I plan on using it for flintlock season.

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Average PA 9 point I killed the morning of the 28th. I had seen this buck at least 6 times during archery season, always 20-40 yards out of Range, but a 50 yard shot with a rifle is much different than a 50 yard shot with a bow. Saw a lot of decent buck during archery hunting on public ground, crossing my fingers the spot isn't over-run next year and I luck out and still get some seclusion.

Ruger GSR using Remmy Core Lokt 150Gr.
    IMG_1852 - Copy.JPG

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Young lady harvested her first deer yesterday with her Ruger American compact chambered in .243. She raised her rifle and waited for the doe to turn broadside. She said, "Dad, I am going to go" I heard the safety click off. She repeated, "DAD, I AM GOING TO GO". She squeezed off the shot at 80 yards offhand and dropped the deer in its tracks with a perfect heart shot. The 90 grain Nosler ballistic tip did a great job. She was pumped and Dad was proud. I was impressed that she remained calm as a cucumber. The time prepping at the range paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger P229 View Post
    Average PA 9 point I killed the morning of the 28th. I had seen this buck at least 6 times during archery season, always 20-40 yards out of Range, but a 50 yard shot with a rifle is much different than a 50 yard shot with a bow. Saw a lot of decent buck during archery hunting on public ground, crossing my fingers the spot isn't over-run next year and I luck out and still get some seclusion.

Ruger GSR using Remmy Core Lokt 150Gr.
    IMG_1852 - Copy.JPG
    Nice going ladies and gentlemen. Ive seen 30 deer so far not enough bone or to far out

(Westmoreland County)

boysandbuck1.jpgboysandbuck1.jpgHarvested the largest deer/buck of my life this year. 9 point with a 19.5" inside spread.buck.jpg
    Last edited by DunmireLCP; December 10th, 2016 at 09:44 AM.

Montani Semper Liberi

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Not only that I used one of my best warshots. 40+ year old Winchester 200gr silver tips. I cobbled a full box together digging though stands at gunshows. For less than new.
    Ive got a whole case of 30-30s. Brings back memories of my step dad and I going out hunting in Downsville NY.

Nice buck DunmireLCP.

Quote Originally Posted by fastsrfr View Post
    Yessir. A newer Marlin .30-.30 with a Tru Glo red dot sight from Dick's. (My daughter said that it was not easy to pick up the red dot in full sunlight even at its highest intensity setting so I might have to get something else.) This is the first deer anyone in my immediate family has harvested and I have zero experience with the processing side of things so, with a bit of embarrassment, I just asked the guy who took my order for "whatever the regular package is" plus a pound of peppersticks. Next time I hope to have a more specific order.
    I'm guessing after you taste of pepper sticks next time you're going to get half your deer made it to them LOL

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast