Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    That's really cool to get your kids involved. When my son was about 4 or 5 I showed him a deer I shot. I showed him the bullet holes and explained i shot it with a gun. Also that the deer was dead and wasn't coming back to life like in the movies. He didn't freak out. I thought it was a perfect time to show him how serious guns are and also where you're food comes from.
    It didn't dawn on me to reinforce the power of the gun. I'll remember to bring it up when we are enjoying some venison.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Berks County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Good call. And good points by all. There could be a conflict between reasonable efforts and shooting in the dark.

What's a guy to do? Turn off your flashlight and attack it with a knife?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyoas759 View Post
    Good call. And good points by all. There could be a conflict between reasonable efforts and shooting in the dark.

Yes, but please video it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyoas759 View Post

Just sit quietly and watch it until it dies. You could say mean things to it while you are waiting and hope it kills itself.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Monroe County)

Got my 1st deer today since my son started going out with me. I was looking for a buck that ran by and turned to see him giving me hand signs to look in a direction. I didn't understand at first but he kept his cool and did it again go here one was behind me walking in a angle. Kids got eagle eyes I was 40 feet closer and didn't see it at first.
    One .35Rem later it was mine. It was also his first gutting. He didn't get his hands dirty but helped hold and flip it watched what I was doing and didn't get queesed out.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Got my 1st deer today since my son started going out with me. I was looking for a buck that ran by and turned to see him giving me hand signs to look in a direction. I didn't understand at first but he kept his cool and did it again go here one was behind me walking in a angle. Kids got eagle eyes I was 40 feet closer and didn't see it at first.
    One .35Rem later it was mine. It was also his first gutting. He didn't get his hands dirty but helped hold and flip it watched what I was doing and didn't get queesed out.
    35 remmy hey, I thought there was no ammo for that rifle anymore. Nice going Rosco, enjoy the venison.

Young lady harvested her first deer yesterday with her Ruger American compact chambered in .243. She raised her rifle and waited for the doe to turn broadside. She said, "Dad, I am going to go" I heard the safety click off. She repeated, "DAD, I AM GOING TO GO". She squeezed off the shot at 80 yards offhand and dropped the deer in its tracks with a perfect heart shot. The 90 grain Nosler ballistic tip did a great job. She was pumped and Dad was proud. I was impressed that she remained calm as a cucumber. The time prepping at the range paid off.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Young lady harvested her first deer yesterday with her Ruger American compact chambered in .243. She raised her rifle and waited for the doe to turn broadside. She said, "Dad, I am going to go" I heard the safety click off. She repeated, "DAD, I AM GOING TO GO". She squeezed off the shot at 80 yards offhand and dropped the deer in its tracks with a perfect heart shot. The 90 grain Nosler ballistic tip did a great job. She was pumped and Dad was proud. I was impressed that she remained calm as a cucumber. The time prepping at the range paid off.

Cool! Congrats.

I was calm with my first deer too until after I shot it - then the adrenaline kicked in.
    I guess I wasn't THAT calm though because everything I knew about where to aim for vitals went out the window - I saw the side of the deer as a target and aimed where you always aim at a target - right in the center. LOL
    I ended up hitting low. It didn't go more than about 50 feet.

She did better than I did.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Cool! Congrats.

I was calm with my first deer too until after I shot it - then the adrenaline kicked in.
    I guess I wasn't THAT calm though because everything I knew about where to aim for vitals went out the window - I saw the side of the deer as a target and aimed where you always aim at a target - right in the center. LOL
    I ended up hitting low. It didn't go more than about 50 feet.

She did better than I did.
    Deer don't wear Cereal boxes in the wild!! But maybe if they did...

congrats to her ar15jules

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post

Congrats to both of you. I cannot say it often enough how important it is to introduce young people hunting. Not to mention getting the ladies interested. I always find it awesome when women hunt.

Good job all around!

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast