Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: URGENT - Call Your Senators Now. Tell Them to Vote NO on These Amendments 12-3-

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Even if the Senate and House passed these amendments, Obama would have had to sign a repeal of Obamacare to make them law. As pyld said, nothing here but theater.
    Not if the House, which has a sizable majority after the last election cycle, could muster up enough Democrats to ally with them and override the veto.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What we need is a federal single subject law so this bullshit of adding unrelated amendments stops.
    While I agree we need a germane-ness clause at the federal level, there have been times where this has benefited us as much as the other side.

And to add my $0.02 to some of the discussion earlier in the thread regarding Toomey: I'm done with Toomey. DONE. I won't vote for Sestak if he runs, but neither will I vote for Toomey; that column will stay blank this election cycle for me. I'm tired of Republicans thinking they can get away with this crap simply because they play on the supposed belief that they're the lesser of evils. The 2A isn't a "cause", it's a constitutionally protected right; they don't get to pick and choose whether or not to support it.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; December 5th, 2015 at 12:48 AM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: URGENT - Call Your Senators Now. Tell Them to Vote NO on These Amendments 12-3-

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post

While I agree we need a germane-ness clause at the federal level, there have been times where this has benefited us as much as the other side.
    Neither side should be playing the tack on game. If the law isn't good enough to pass on it's own merits, it shouldn't become law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Neither side should be playing the tack on game. If the law isn't good enough to pass on it's own merits, it shouldn't become law.
    I completely agree, I just think we all need to recognize the inconvenient truth that "our side" is just as guilty of employing that tactic as the "other side" is.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123