Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Liberals Redefine The Term Mass Shooting...

Leave it to the liberals to try and redefine a term so they can get more traction in their push against gun control! I've already seen links posted twice to this BS WaPo article this morning, someone is really spinning the news 'story',and I've countered both posts (below). In the article the WaPo use a new Reddit definition of mass shooting that includes at least four people shot, not killed, and it can include the villain and bystanders shot by police! Here's the article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes/?tid=sm_fb

The other mass shooting that happened today in the United States

The rampage that claimed at least 14 lives in San Bernardino, Calif., isn't today's first mass shooting. Here’s news you probably missed: A gunman in Savannah, Ga., shot four people early Wednesday, killing a woman and injuring three men.

Police haven’t arrested a suspect, said Eunicia Baker, spokesperson for the Savannah Chatham Police Department. They also haven’t released the names of the victims. The local media barely acknowledged the murder: One local television station covered it in three paragraphs.

And the world spun on.

Then word broke that multiple attackers opened fire at a center for disabled adults in San Bernardino — a center that just hosted its holiday party yesterday.

Suddenly, the little-noticed crime in Georgia became the second mass shooting in a single day — and at least the third since Robert L. Dear Jr. opened fire at a Planned Parenthood clinic last week in Colorado springs.

After the Colorado Springs shootings, President Obama declared that this type of violence must not "become normal." But as my colleague Chris Ingraham points out, the data show that mass shootings are already normal. There have been more mass shootings than calendar days this year.

News reports collected by a Reddit community show there have been 355 mass shootings in 2015. The Mass Shooting Tracker, as its called, differs from other shooting databases in that it uses a broader definition than the FBI's old four-fatality rule: If bullets strike four people in the same attack, that's a mass shooting.

The big ones, of course, attract the national media, comments from the president, cries of terrorism. The small ones ... well, they have become just another police report in the United States.

My response to a very good black friend from college who is now a professor in NYC and posted the link:

Funny, just last year two NYPD shot at a single guy and injured 9 bystanders with gunfire: it must have been a mass shooting!

Redefining a term simply to achieve the desired outcome of a 'study' is par for the left. The anti-rights, gun grabbing media, especially the huff post and WaPo, have been doing just that for years. Just last month a paper published a story about a mass stabbing with the headline something like "shooter kills two". Even the AP had to call BS on Bloomy and his demanding mothers when they claimed their was a school shooting every week, for they included things like a drug deal gone south after hours on a playground.

How about reporting on shootings that matter, like the 17 people that were shot in New Orleans last week by a felon with a gun while filming a rap video, or don't black lives matter?

Apparently they don't when it doesn't fit the media's agenda. Only right wing white guys with ARs can be used to push gun control (even though the man and the rifle make up a fraction of 1% of gun crime)!

We let these people redefine AR-15's as 'assault rifles'. We let them redefine suicides with a firearm as 'gun violence'. We've allowed them to use vague terms like 'common sense gun control'. Now they want to redefine 'Mass Shooting' so they can claim one happens EVERY DAY!! Every time they do this, every time we allow it, we lose ground in the fight for our natural right of self defense. If you see people trying to redefine terms to get more traction on a subject, trying to get more people to buy in to their cause, we can not allow it; call them out on it!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Liberals Redefine The Term Mass Shooting...

So really their argument is mass shooting have increased drastically since Obama has taken office. Maybe the problem is not guns….

(York County)

I think it's more like they want more shootings to be classified as mass shootings, that way they can make a bigger stink about it and play the semantics game: "there's a MASS SHOOTING every day in this country. You don't see that in the UK or Austrailia...don't even think about it, just ban guns!!

It will play really well to the low information voter or fence sitter in this country.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    So really their argument is mass shooting have increased drastically since Obama has taken office. Maybe the problem is not guns….
    More guns have been sold in the US since Obama took office.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Leave it to the liberals to try and redefine a term so they can get more traction in their push against gun control! I've already seen links posted twice to this BS WaPo article this morning, someone is really spinning the news 'story',and I've countered both posts (below). In the article the WaPo use a new Reddit definition of mass shooting that includes at least four people shot, not killed, and it can include the villain and bystanders shot by police! Here's the article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes/?tid=sm_fb

My response to a very good black friend from college who is now a professor in NYC and posted the link:

We let these people redefine AR-15's as 'assault rifles'. We let them redefine suicides with a firearm as 'gun violence'. We've allowed them to use vague terms like 'common sense gun control'. Now they want to redefine 'Mass Shooting' so they can claim one happens EVERY DAY!! Every time they do this, every time we allow it, we lose ground in the fight for our natural right of self defense. If you see people trying to redefine terms to get more traction on a subject, trying to get more people to buy in to their cause, we can not allow it; call them out on it!
    Kudos to your friend, but you might want to remind him that there have been almost no "right wing" shooters in the past 30 years. Most are leftists, Dems, or Moslems, or last, unknown. And, as for "white," white people are not more likely to do this under the FBI definition (4 killed in public NO GANG ACTIVITY). Under the "new" anti-gun lib definition in the OP, almost all mass shootings would be black on black.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

It's FULL attack mode from the usual suspects on TV this morning!
    They are really pushing that there are mass shooting every day now!
    Barely a mention of terrorism but we sure do need more gun laws!
    Never mind the facts.
    This whole attack is being lead by the White House.

The FBI released Crime in the United States, 2013 today, which shows that the estimated number of violent crimes in 2013 decreased 4.4 percent when compared with 2012 figures.

The estimated number of violent crimes in the nation decreased 0.2 percent in 2014 when compared with 2013 data, according to FBI figures released today.

In 2013, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 14,196. This was a 4.4 percent decrease from the 2012 estimate, a 7.8 percent decrease from the 2009 figure, and a 12.1 percent drop from the number in 2004.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

The following headline is from www.syracuse.com: San Bernardino, Syracuse among sites of 355 mass shootings in U.S. in 2015

355 mass shootings in 2015? I guess I need to get out more because I must have missed 340 of these! To come up with those numbers they have to be counting every single shooting of more than 3 people.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde..._story_package

(Bucks County)

I think I'm going to change my original assessment of this being workplace terrorism.

I am now classifying it as a Farook Assault.
    Last edited by RockIsland; December 3rd, 2015 at 12:19 PM.

(Wayne County)

Happened to be in a dentist office and the View came on, Whoopie as usual came out looking like a bag lady sputting the liberal agenda of mass shootings.

I think we should start talking about the number of mass shootings that are prevented. I would define that as any shooting where less than four innocent people were shot, a good guy stopped it with a gun and the the BG had enough ammo to have made the total four or more. One victim shot with a revolver, BG stopped and he still had four or five rounds left but was stopped short? That is a save by the good guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast