Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Physicians Urged To Ask Patients About Gun Ownership During Office Health Histori

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Alas, another thread which eventually winds up as a discussion about dick size and strength.
    Gotta love it here.
    Dick jokes are the only way I'd ever answer the question. No entertainment value in leaving it blank...

Default Re: Physicians Urged To Ask Patients About Gun Ownership During Office Health Histori

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Dick jokes are the only way I'd ever answer the question. No entertainment value in leaving it blank...
    do you guys think your physicians actually care to read those stupid forms or, if they did, have the time to do it?

i like making a good dilz joke myself but the only one being entertained by it is likely you (not that there is any harm in that)
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Here's a TWIST. At my last appointment my Doc asked me about guns because he wants to know what to get to take his grandson to the shooting range.

I recommended a bolt action .22 with scope, at first loading and firing one shot at a time. He accepted (appreciated) my prescription.
    Although, if the grandchild is learning marksmanship, he should be aiming through iron sights, versus a scope. Kid will get plenty of scope time from playing COD...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'm glad that neither my PCP, dermatologist, dentist nor ophthalmologist ever asked me about guns. I would politely decline to answer such questions.

Justin
    I can see it now...

Doctor: "Okay Justin, do you own any guns?"
    Justin: "You will ignore that question"

Doctor: ".......how often do you poop?"
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    or you could just make jokes about shooting blanks either way it works i answer no and am done with it

(Delaware County)

I have only seen this once on a form about 15 years ago. Nurse came back in and said you missed a question. I said no I didn't. She read the question and I said none of your business. She said the insurance company required it. I told her then they can ask me. Doctor came in laughing and said I hear you gave the nurse a hard time about the gun question. He knew I hunted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345