Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Physicians Urged To Ask Patients About Gun Ownership During Office Health Histori

My physician knows I hunt. No big deal.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Physicians Urged To Ask Patients About Gun Ownership During Office Health Histori

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    My physician knows I hunt. No big deal.
    Hmm... Yeah, physicians are probably kinda fuddish in their disposition toward guns. Maybe they will start asking what kind, and how many firearms you have. Common sense stuff.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WOwner View Post
    I just ignored the question and turned in the document. The nurse looked over the form and didn't say anything. I figured the Doctor could care less but instructed to include it - no big deal since I wasn't required to answer the question.

I bet the CDC assumes all non-answers to be YES.
    I've never been asked the question.

(Tioga County)

I had a VA doc ask me about firearms. I told him that was a boundary violation. He didn't know what that means. I told him that means It's beyond what he neeeds to know as a Dr.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Chester County)

Got my annual physical back in July and it was the day after shooting 3 rounds of trap... my shoulder was pretty beat up and the doc said, "what happened here"? After I told him where the bruise was from I found out he shoots too and is a member of the same club. He drinks Yuengling too... we have lots in common.

I'm glad that neither my PCP, dermatologist, dentist nor ophthalmologist ever asked me about guns. I would politely decline to answer such questions.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

I can see it now...

Nurse: "Do you own any guns?"
    Me: (Looks down at NRA t-shirt) "Nope, can't even say I like them!"

"The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    I don't remember the exact stats right now, but many more people are killed each year by "medical misadventure" than by guns.
    100k by doctors hands and another 100k at the hands of the hospitals secondary infections. As the saying goes, want to get sick, go to a hospital.

I teach Biomedical Ethics, and it's my area of specialty in my research. I inform the nursing students I teach that the general estimate of annual deaths in the US due to medical errors (many of which comes down to careless medical hygiene) is 400,000 per year. There is no central empirical database that tracks these numbers, so it's likely that this number is actually higher. That number is 10 times higher than annual deaths on our highways, and 40 times higher than annual gun homicides in the USA. Perspective is important.

(Mercer County)

AND I'll give them the same answer I have been giving them for more years than I care to remember It's None of Your Business
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast