Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Physicians Urged To Ask Patients About Gun Ownership During Office Health Histori

Surprising. Especially when there are lots of doctors that own guns and have a LTCF. Lots of them. Who drive vehicles that carjackers consider to be highly desirable. And have trophy wives half their age, and weight, at home that need protecting. And carry credit cards that have a 6 figure limit on them. Etc. Etc.

Default Re: Physicians Urged To Ask Patients About Gun Ownership During Office Health Histori

I was filling one of those forms out several years ago. When I got to that question, I was like wtf is this? I'm sure they heard me mumbling.
    So i crumbled the paper up and threw it in the trash. They never asked me for it when we checked out.

(York County)

I just ignored the question and turned in the document. The nurse looked over the form and didn't say anything. I figured the Doctor could care less but instructed to include it - no big deal since I wasn't required to answer the question.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Chester County)

I also just leave the question blank. The Feds are trying to make guns a CDC/Health issue in another attempt at further regulation.

(Bucks County)

CDC declared years ago that gunshot trauma is a national epidemic. Trauma makes it a medical situation and frequency makes it an epidemic. It would be interesting to learn what role the AMA plays in the theory and the question on the patient's hx questions. From what I understand, there are a lot of medicos who do not think much of the AMA.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Doc: Do you have any guns at home?

Me: No, sir. (It's right here on my belt, why the hell would I leave it at home?) No guns in *my* house.
    I'd be quite disappointed if you had only one gun!

.... oh yeah, the boating accident. Carry on

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    I don't remember the exact stats right now, but many more people are killed each year by "medical misadventure" than by guns.
    about 1,000 deaths a day

There's also the 10,000 serious complications cases resulting from medical errors that occur each day.

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news...es-hit-records

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

"Medical misadventure" Wanna bet that the JD who coined that term was working for one or more MDs? Don't like the firearm question and you don't mind having to look for another doc? Ask your nosy doc "When was the last time you killed a patient?" He won't like your question and may just show you the door.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I'd be quite disappointed if you had only one gun!

.... oh yeah, the boating accident. Carry on
    Well, I *am* a cheap bast frugal guy.

I bought my first gun (Taurus PT1911) used, almost 3 years ago. So far I have between 3K & 4K rounds thru it with only one repair (broken ejector) necessary, and a handful of cosmetic/ergonomic updates, and it was well used/holster worn when I got it. It has come by all its wear since then honestly, as my EDC and IDPA gun. If I should need a second for any reason I will probably get another and set it up the same way so I don't need to think about which I have at any point.

Beware the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it.

My doc doesn't have too. He's a member of my gun club! He's often there with his 2 young sons , shooting .22's. He shoots trap too. Last time I ran into them at the range , I let them shoot my 1941 "BYF-41" Black Widow Luger and M1 carbine.

His answer when I asked him about it was "screw 'em" , it's all BS from the CDC.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast