Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Lancaster County)

Default I just noticed something on a Glock 17 that I've owned for over 6 years.

I bought this pistol used from a forum member here about 6 years ago. We did a transfer at Hakes in Wrightsville PA. I'm still happy with the deal as I got the pistol and five 17 round magazines for 400 bucks. Call me "ole eagle eyes" if you want but today was the first time I noticed that the serial numbers on my frame do not match the numbers on the slide & barrel. The tag on the Glock factory box it came in shows the serial numbers to the slide and barrel and states its an OD frame. The slide does show quite a bit of wear so I will assume he bought a used OD pistol , put the slide and barrel on an older black frame, kept the OD frame and sold me the Frankengun. I did go back to check my paperwork to make sure they registered the right number and they did. I'm still happy with the gun but just thought I'd share my story. I vividly remember checking the gun over really carefully too before telling him I take it. It's really no big deal and I don't feel duped in any way and it is quite possible he told me but I didn't really take it in, I just thought it was funny how I've had it for all this time and never noticed.
    Last edited by bripro; November 25th, 2015 at 04:01 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"