Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: L3 maker of EOTech holographic sights pays big settlement to government for fraud

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    My refund check came in yesterday. Started the return process in Mid April. They got the Eotech Mid May. So long old friend. I expect these returns to end up on Liquidation.com or CDNN as refurbished in the near future
    Whoever gets mine will be getting a good one. Before I sent it I stuck it in the freezer (still on the rifle), took it out cleaned the condensation off the glass and the POA diddn't seem to move at all using the iron sights as a comparison. Even so, I didn't trust it and after I knew it was happening the parallax seemed to really start bothering me more.

Default Re: L3 maker of EOTech holographic sights pays big settlement to government for fraud

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    My refund check came in yesterday. Started the return process in Mid April. They got the Eotech Mid May. So long old friend. I expect these returns to end up on Liquidation.com or CDNN as refurbished in the near future

That would suit me just fine just about everyone I know who returned theirs never had any issues and some have even regretted it. I will gladly take a few lightly used ones for half price or less.

(Bucks County)

So there's a few threads on this subject but the other one has been more focused on rebate times so posting here.

I received a post card yesterday informing me of class action lawsuit against Eotech. Details can be found by looking up:

Foster, et al v L-3 Communications EOTech, Inc.

1. Since I already received my refund, I should automatically receive a $22.50 voucher for the purchase of a new Eotech product.
    2. If you still have yours you may be eligible for $25 to $50 cash payment depending on number of claims or a $100 voucher to new Eotech.
    3. If you send it back, you get current refund program plus voucher as in #1 above.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    So there's a few threads on this subject but the other one has been more focused on rebate times so posting here.

I received a post card yesterday informing me of class action lawsuit against Eotech. Details can be found by looking up:

Foster, et al v L-3 Communications EOTech, Inc.

1. Since I already received my refund, I should automatically receive a $22.50 voucher for the purchase of a new Eotech product.
    2. If you still have yours you may be eligible for $25 to $50 cash payment depending on number of claims or a $100 voucher to new Eotech.
    3. If you send it back, you get current refund program plus voucher as in #1 above.
    Hmmm, $1000 for unreliable used optics or keep unreliable used optics and get enough for a few boxes of bullets or discounts on crap. Hmmm, which will I choose?

Thanks for the information. I need to quit effing around and get my stuff sent back. I need to find out if I should keep the magnifier since it was part of a set or send it back with optic.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Hmmm, $1000 for unreliable used optics or keep unreliable used optics and get enough for a few boxes of bullets or discounts on crap. Hmmm, which will I choose?

Thanks for the information. I need to quit effing around and get my stuff sent back. I need to find out if I should keep the magnifier since it was part of a set or send it back with optic.
    I had heard its SOL about the magnifier. Only the HWS is covered.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    I had heard its SOL about the magnifier. Only the HWS is covered.
    I heard both, that's why I need to talk to someone there. One person said no magnifiers at all. Another said if it came as part of a set then the whole thing could be sent back.

I'm fine with the magnifier and I certainly have more than enough optics it will work with. At the same time, it's an extra $500 or so that I can put toward something else.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Dauphin County)

Filled out my paperwork this evening for a return of my XPS2-2. I'm a little uncomfortable just shipping off my sight. I'll wait until I see more publicity about this in the media.

Link for class action settlement: http://www.fostersettlement.com/
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    Filled out my paperwork this evening for a return of my XPS2-2. I'm a little uncomfortable just shipping off my sight. I'll wait until I see more publicity about this in the media.

Link for class action settlement: http://www.fostersettlement.com/
    Don't be concerned, it's on the level and it's well documented.
    It does take some time to get the check from them, usually seems to be a couple, or three or four months, but they reimburse. It took me some time to convince myself to send it in because I liked the sight so much, I liked the big aperture and really liked the reticle. Don't send yours in until after you find an acceptable replacement because there really is nothing exactly like the EoTech on the market.
    The Hostler

(Erie County)

There is now a suposedly time limit to send them back. I read an article about it. I'll see if I can find it.

(Chester County)

I've seen people argue that they wouldn't trust this optic yet put a $25 NcSTAR on their tacticool home defense shotgun.

Mine has worked perfectly for the last 6 years. I'm a civilian so I'm not going to subject the optic to sub-optimal conditions 24 hours a day in a combat situation.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456