Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: L3 maker of EOTech holographic sights pays big settlement to government for fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Not sure if this is true or not but I saw on TGC news that they were issuing gift certificates to customers to purchase new products from them and not an actual cash refund.

It's mentioned briefly here starting at 3:26 mark.

https://www.full30.com/video/2324303...d6363c4cbf2691
    I'm waiting to see although that doesn't look promising. If that's the shit they're pulling, I'll join the class action suit instead. I thought they were doing the right thing to avoid the lawsuit.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Default Re: L3 maker of EOTech holographic sights pays big settlement to government for fraud

If I hear anything more I will update the thread.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If I hear anything more I will update the thread.
    There is much speculation that the photo is a Facebook troll. So far, I've found no one that received a refund and I have to think the uproar would be louder than one guy. It also sounds like they'll have me keep the G33 and just send the sight back. I guess I'm good with that. I'm just pissed I didn't jump on the Aimpoint Micros that PSA had for sale a week back. Now I'll have to wait for another sale.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

The gift certificate refund has been debunked elsewhere. Also, what would having thousands of sights returned to issue gift certificates do? So much hassle and work, just to turn around and say hey, here's a gift certificate to buy another broken sight. Just someone trying to rile folks up.

My big concern was my sight has not really been used all that much, and I noticed the circle fading in areas, which was said to be signs of one of the multiple failures Eotechs are known (internally mind you) to have, but they sold them anyways. If two years down the line, my EO goes TU and Eotech no longer exists, I now have an expensive paper weight. I sent mine in for that fact alone.

I know L3 is huge, but if enough damage is done to the Eotech name, I can see Eotech not existing much longer.

As far as I've read, refunds are anticipated to start rolling out after the first of the year at the earliest. How long it will actually take is a crapshoot right now, until some people start getting refunds.

My sight was delivered yesterday, so I'll update if/when I hear something from Eotech.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm going with Aimpoints. I just sent for my authorization tonight. I was on the fence but I'm afraid this may bankrupt the company and then I'll have shit sights without any support.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm just pissed I didn't jump on the Aimpoint Micros that PSA had for sale a week back. Now I'll have to wait for another sale.

So, just FWIW and such, you might also look at a PRO. It's going to be weight comparable to the EXPS and certainly the 553. The other issues is coming from something with a lot of FOV thru the glass like an EOtech is that the PRO has a 26mm aperture. The Micros are like 18mm (t-2) and 20 (t-1). They are undeniably lighter and sexier, but for middle aged eyes (or mine, anyway), I'd buy a PRO or a CompMX again before a micro for the latter reason.

YMMV, and all that.
    Last edited by pyld; December 15th, 2015 at 11:37 AM.

Also might want to look at the Trijicon MRO. It's getting some good reviews, although some people also don't seem to like them. They can be had for quite a bit less than the Aimpoint micros too.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    Also might want to look at the Trijicon MRO. It's getting some good reviews, although some people also don't seem to like them. They can be had for quite a bit less than the Aimpoint micros too.
    What I heard is the battery contacts are very brittle in the MRO.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    What I heard is the battery contacts are very brittle in the MRO.
    It does seem kind of silly that they had to make an instructional video on how to properly install the battery, but installing it the way they show in the video should eliminate the problem with possibly breaking the contacts. Also, it has a battery life about the same as the Aimpoints, so I don't think it's much of an issue. I think I'm leaning towards getting one whenever my refund for my Eotech comes back.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    So, just FWIW and such, you might also look at a PRO. It's going to be weight comparable to the EXPS and certainly the 553. The other issues is coming from something with a lot of FOV thru the glass like an EOtech is that the PRO has a 26mm aperture. The Micros are like 18mm (t-2) and 20 (t-1). They are undeniably lighter and sexier, but for middle aged eyes (or mine, anyway), I'd buy a PRO or a CompMX again before a micro for the latter reason.

YMMV, and all that.
    Thank you. I have a PRO on my Tavor. What I don't like is all of the clutter around the sight. That's what made me go for the EOTechs in the beginning, they just seemed less intrusive on overall field of view. Maybe I'll move the PRO to my AR and get a Meprolight MOR for the Tavor.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    The gift certificate refund has been debunked elsewhere. Also, what would having thousands of sights returned to issue gift certificates do? So much hassle and work, just to turn around and say hey, here's a gift certificate to buy another broken sight. Just someone trying to rile folks up.

My big concern was my sight has not really been used all that much, and I noticed the circle fading in areas, which was said to be signs of one of the multiple failures Eotechs are known (internally mind you) to have, but they sold them anyways. If two years down the line, my EO goes TU and Eotech no longer exists, I now have an expensive paper weight. I sent mine in for that fact alone.

I know L3 is huge, but if enough damage is done to the Eotech name, I can see Eotech not existing much longer.

As far as I've read, refunds are anticipated to start rolling out after the first of the year at the earliest. How long it will actually take is a crapshoot right now, until some people start getting refunds.

My sight was delivered yesterday, so I'll update if/when I hear something from Eotech.
    EoTech appears to be a subsidiary corp. If they go tits-up, the almost last in line for any money is the customers, just before the shareholders. Even if you sent them your glass for a refund. Then again, they could get in trouble for knowingly stealing from you prior to a bankruptcy.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast