Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lancaster County LTCF

Does the Lancaster Sheriff require that you have two references? As I recall a lot of Sheriffs were not requiring references, even with space on form for references, based on some change in the law or something.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    Does the Lancaster Sheriff require that you have two references? As I recall a lot of Sheriffs were not requiring references, even with space on form for references, based on some change in the law or something.
    Last year when I renewed, the deputy crossed out the references line on the app. Who knows what's going on now.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    At the Reading office there was a notice taped to the wall saying references were no longer needed. I didn't walk up to it and read the fine print to see if it was Berks only or all of PA. Hopefully all of PA.

(Lancaster County)

This isn't going to be good: https://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...ba9a04fc3.html

Sheriff Chris Leppler, the office’s elected official, says it’s tough to keep a full staff with relatively low pay and a strong economy. He added that his efforts to change office culture to a more paramilitary mindset might be causing some friction.

LNP spoke to several current and former sheriff’s office employees, but only one agreed to speak for attribution. They were concerned they could face retaliation from Riggs or Leppler for speaking publicly. They instead privately said the top two officials were at the core of low morale and high turnover.

Leppler declined to speak about his top deputy. Through Leppler, Riggs also declined comment.

In the first 588 days of Leppler’s term, departures have more than doubled as compared to the same period under Sheriff Mark Reese, who resigned in July 2017 amid sexual harassment allegations. Retention is also down.
    Fuck you asshole, there's no need for the sheriff's department to be a paramilitary organization. That ain't your fucking job.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Wow that sucks !
    I have never had anything other than a very pleasant and professional (and fast) experience renewing there, although this June the pleasant lady there was joking with me that I may be pushing the red hair and in five years will have to put down grey or white!...there was some red highlights still showing and the beard is kind of red still, so she let me slide

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    This isn't going to be good: https://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...ba9a04fc3.html

Fuck you asshole, there's no need for the sheriff's department to be a paramilitary organization. That ain't your fucking job.
    What, you don't think the mean back roads of the Amish country need to be patrolled by MRAPS? You guys down there need to start raising a stink about that kind of bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

In and out for my renewal in 30 minutes......and that included checking my firearm.

FYI - if you try to bring in a cell phone, they will send you back to your vehicle to leave it. In my case, they stuck it in the locker with my SP-101.

(Lancaster County)

Governor Wolf is granting an extension on carry permits that are about to expire, FYI.

https://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...90a39cc02.html

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's no need for double redundancy. It's already covered.

(Lancaster County)

Hello, Does anyone have recent experience with applying for CCW in Lancaster City? Are they shut down because virus, etc? Are they supportive / neutral / hostile, etc? I live near Manor St and like to take long walks. Do local authorities prefer I NOT carry during my walks, etc? This would be my first ever CCW, although I am a longtime firearms owner and do have a scant few years of military service in case that means anything. Also have PA hunting license, I moved here from Telford this past January. Thank you, all replies welcome.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast