Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default SPAR gunshop, Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg vs. Mechanicsburg Ordnance

Stopped in to SPAR a few times in spring and early summer, to see if they had the handgun I was looking for. After a few visits, and noting they didn't have the model I was looking for, I asked the salesperson to check availability and price.

The gentleman stated he was having trouble finding a price on the manufacturer website. I gave him my business card and asked him to let me know what he found.

Hearing nothing for over 6 weeks, I stopped at Mechanicsburg Ordnance. Asked the same question, had an answer within 3 minutes, and the handgun within 2 days.

4+ months later, still haven't heard from SPAR.

+++ Mechanicsburg Ordnance

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: SPAR gunshop, Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg vs. Mechanicsburg Ordnance

^^+1 Mechanicsburg Ordnance is the best. Richard and Randy are great !

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: SPAR gunshop, Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg vs. Mechanicsburg Ordnance

Instead of starting another thread about SPAR Firearms, I figured I'd post here.

I always keep an eye out for 35 Remington rounds, as it was my fathers gun and I like to hunt with it. Well I was in there about 3 weeks ago doing a transfer and saw they had a box. Asked on the pricing, it was $44.95+ tax. Outrageous, lucky a week later I found a box of the same ammo, lever revolution 200gr, at Bass Pro Shops for $32.99+ tax. Just before black Friday Field & Stream had them for $26.XX+ tax.

I know some ammo is hard to find but to inflate prices that much is crazy. Won't be shopping at SPAR as they don't seem to care about there customers as much as the dollar bill.
    CZ Owner Walter Owner Remington Owner Lanco Tatical Owner

(Cumberland County)

I gave them my G34 to Cerakote..It took them over 3 months to get it back to me..(With a different excuse each time)..When the originally said a few weeks..They apologized and reduced the price..Even threw in a Glock pistol case and a box of 9mm..Now i am noticing the Cerakote is coming off..Sadly i am kinda afraid to give it back to them..

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    ^^+1 Mechanicsburg Ordnance is the best. Richard and Randy are great !
    Yes, they are great. I go there first.

(Lackawanna County)

SPAR had my gun on consignment and returned it with a different set of grips that were barely attached.
    Fool me once. .(etc.) NEVER AGAIN

(York County)

Stopped in at Mechanicsburg Orgnance today. Nice small shop. Very Friendly. I will definitely go back.