Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Bluetooth and PC/Cell phone

Anyone know of some type of usb or internal device that makes your PC Bluetooth enabled? I want to transfer alot of music and pictures/video's to my phone but do not want to buy them from att for 9 billion dollars. It would be much simpler if I could transfer it all through bluetooth. I'm waiting for them to come out with a usb cable for my phone, which they havent done yet. thanks all!

(Pike County)

Default Re: Bluetooth and PC/Cell phone

Several companies make a small Bluetooth USB device - size of a thumb drive. I bought one from (I think) Kensington a few years ago - about $20 as I recall.
    As long as the digital rights on the music are OK you should be fine. Not sure how fast it will be though

(Northampton County)

There are plenty of devices out there...either internal (workstation) or USB (laptop). I have a kensington usb that has worked extremely well, and allows me to connect my PDA, phone, etc. to it. This is a pretty cheap one on Buy.com (I do not use this one, nor have I ever - it was the first one I found in a quick search)

http://www.buy.com/prod/iogear-bluet...207987778.html
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Monroe County)

Just a note... I don't know what kind of phone you have but a lot of phones have bluetooth supported only for very limited items, they don't always support file transfer. You may want to find out before spending money to confirm that your particular phone does support blue tooth file transfers
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

yeah you can just get a dongle. <---don't know if I spelled that right.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Just a note... I don't know what kind of phone you have but a lot of phones have bluetooth supported only for very limited items, they don't always support file transfer. You may want to find out before spending money to confirm that your particular phone does support blue tooth file transfers
    This is correct..most cell phones have the AV2DP bluetooth format which is just for wireless voice transfer....if your phone has a memory card slot it will be much easier just to buy a memory card, dump all the stuff on there and then put it into the phone, if you don't have a memory card reader on your computer...stop in at Best Buy in M-Burg I will be happy to sell you one
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Adams County)

A usb dongle would work, but it's slow. I don't know what phone you have, but mine has a mini-SD card and I just have a USB to SD adaptor that I plug into the computer and tranfer songs and pics with.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President