Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Buying long guns out of state; NICS

I have a question regarding legal purchases of long guns in New York state or any other contiguous state that conduct a NICS background check...

I am fully aware that Pennsylvania has its own system - the Pennsylvania Instant Check System. This system conducts background checks to residents and regarding laws pertinent to the PA criminal code that prohibit persons such as three DUIs within a five year period. That prohibited person is not thereof prohibited from purchasing long guns in New York State because the "3 DUI - Five year range" is not in the NICS prohibited criteria... Is that correct?

Also if a PA resident, depending on various counties, is not prohibited but NOT ALLOWED in pertinent to probation rules such as ARD for a first time DUI, drives up to New York and purchase a rifle or shotgun, will he or she still be approved or denied?

Straight answers will be appreciated...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Buying long guns out of state; NICS

You got another one? You only had two here http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=283017

Anyway, I am pretty sure that you would fail. I believe that when purchasing a long gun out of state, that the purchaser must be eligible in his home state.

Plus. I highly doubt that NY has more lenient laws than PA.

You should probably invest in a consultation meeting with a firearms attorney before doing something really wrong.

(Jefferson County)

Just an FYI, NICS added all of the states' prohibitors too..

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ni...rations-report

The NICS Index expanded in 2012 to include state-prohibiting records. The expansion was a contributing factor in the number of records maintained in the NICS Index. As of December 31, 2013, the NICS Index records totaled 11,166,690, which is an increase of 2,842,759 records over December 31, 2012.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

I have some comments for this thread which I'll let the Russian vodka, which hits like a 'Son of a Bitch' (Sukihn Sihn), not let me type what I'm thinking. However, completely ironic because the thread is about DUI convictions. Good thing there aren't any TUI violations.
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Lycoming County)

Knight0334, that is correct, prohibitors including the list of any degree of felony and misdemeanor of the First Degree and Domestic Violence (m1). I checked the Sheriff's office recently and my carry permit is still valid... However does NICS add state probation with any petty crime lower than a M1? For instance, in Clinton County, a person currently on probation for a DUI would be allowed to possess weapons however Allegheny County prohibits from doing so, thus carry permit still valid... This is quite confusing and I wish there would be a mandatory preemptive regarding this in the Commonwealth.

(Montgomery County)

(Lycoming County)

I already done that but my DUI lawyer is not quite informative about this situation but his partner does. Can't seems to find a decent firearms lawyer in Lycoming County... But there is one online on PAFOA so I'm sure he will give me useful information.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by silverwolfxox View Post
    I already done that but my DUI lawyer is not quite informative about this situation but his partner does. Can't seems to find a decent firearms lawyer in Lycoming County... But there is one online on PAFOA so I'm sure he will give me useful information.

There are a couple here available for hire.

(Northampton County)

Stay home. Your dog will listen to all your problems no matter how drunk you get. Just don't step on his tail cause he gonna bite you.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448