Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Iron City Armory Indoor Range Membership?

So my fiance and I just got the revolver she's been wanting since I taught her to shoot and now we're considering joining the range at ICA. It's $300 for a year (?) for a member plus guest, we can shoot our own ammo and it's really close to where we live. The bonus is that she said if we had a membership to a club nearby, she'd be on board to buy another gun or two. I've gone to the shop to do a few transfers but I've never looked at their range. I'm off today so I'm going to head over once they open and check it out. Does anyone have thoughts to share? $300 is a lot for an indoor only range but it's close and we'll save time and fuel so it kind of evens out.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Iron City Armory Indoor Range Membership?

My wife and I are waiting for the Iron City Armory range to be completed. Depending on the "rules" for use, we will most likely buy a membership - $300 for the both of us for 1 year.

It really breaks down to this: if both of us shoot 2x each month, the membership pays off. We currently shoot 2x each month, once at Collier Sportsmen and once at A&S Indoor Range. So shooting at a range that is only 10 mins from our house is a big plus. Again, for us the deciding factor will be the "range use" rules.

I am planning on stopping by the place again today to show it to a friend who is also interested in a membership.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Beaver County)

I paid for the membership. Pistol range isn't complete yet but the membership will start once it's complete. Which rules are you curious about specifically? Buy a membership and you can draw from a holster, shoot your own ammunition, shoot your own targets and the $300 membership you mentioned let's you bring a guest and share a lane. They'll have rental guns too. It will eventually have a rifle range too but that's going to be a while before it's finished. In general, I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

(Beaver County)

12-19 update! I asked for a refund of the range dues because I would rather have that money for other stuff and they've been delayed countless times and guess what? I couldn't get an answer from the store, I had to talk to the owner who wasn't there so I asked this question on their facebook page.

Got my refund today and sure enough, they told me I wasn't welcome back. It's comical to me to see my post from a little over a month ago where I was actually excited about this place.

(Beaver County)

The previous post was the public response and this was the private message this asshole sent me

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    The previous post was the public response and this was the private message this asshole sent me

WOW

That's about all i can say. I will never give this place a dime. I run my own small business and I would never in a million years speak to a customer that way. What a complete and total asshole.

(Allegheny County)

Their website is under construction so I couldn't get any info on range membership fees and hours. Has it opened and how is it compared to A&S? Thanks!

-=BDD=-

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog Dad View Post
    Their website is under construction so I couldn't get any info on range membership fees and hours. Has it opened and how is it compared to A&S? Thanks!

-=BDD=-
    ICA is the most expensive range around. Anthony Arms is actually cheaper and you can shoot your own ammo.

(Allegheny County)

My wife and I joined last Friday (Jan 8). We have shot there once, and I went back this morning with a friend. The range works for us. The biggest plus - it is less than 10 minutes from my house and probably 5 mins from my business. (We had been driving down to A&S once a month to shoot, liked the facility and people, just not the time it took to get there.)

My buddy also purchased a membership, as did a friend of his who came down to check it out.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Apparently they have also purchased or leased the old Greater Pittsburgh Trap and Skeet Facility.
    |Sig P320| Sig 556 Classic|Zastava M57|Glock 42|Custom 300 AAC Blackout|

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast