Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Iron City Armory Indoor Range Membership?

I am a member at ICA and was told I would be permitted to pick up my spent cases after shooting. I reload and my brass is important and expensive to me. I spend a lot of time reloading and was pleased to hear that I would be permitted to recover my spent brass. This was all prior to purchasing my membership.

I stopped in yesterday to shoot with the grandson in tow (He was very excited to be going to shoot) and prior to getting started, I inquired about picking up my brass just to be certain it would not be a problem. I was told that any brass hitting the floor belonged to ICA ..........and that if I wanted to recover my brass I would need to use a brass catcher.

WTF!

This is not what I initially was led to believe. I am quite pissed off. Many customers could care less about their empty brass and are happy to leave it behind. I am not one of those customers.

I will purchase a brass catcher, I will use it. It may take some time to get it set up at the indoor range, but my membership provides for unlimited range time. And if they want to keep any brass hitting the floor, so be it. Not much of my brass will ever touch their floor what does they are welcome to.

I have picked up 4 different firearms from ICA...... You think I am going to pick up any more there?

(Allegheny County)

I posted this already on the other thread, but I figure that I would post it here too...

I'm a member at Iron City Armory, with that said = when the year ends I won't renew my membership unless certain things change.

1. The policy about not being able to pick up YOUR OWN brass. I don't reload, but I do pick up my brass to sell later!
    2. The change in their policy about letting guests of members use their own ammo, now guests have to purchase ammo from ICA. This make it hard to invite someone out to shoot with us "Oh by the way, you have to buy their ammo when we get there...."

It's a shame, because the range is only 10 minutes from our home and 5 from our business.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I came here to comment about ICA's new policies and find tht others beat me to it.

Like bmckee I was told that I could pick up my own brass when I joined. That's my property that he's stealing. And the bit about guests having to buy ammo there as well as target is total bool too.

The business is showing signs of sliding down the tubes already. Changing policies mid stream to generate a bit of revenue is a sign of despiration.

Ive never bee therre when there were more than a few shooters. Usually, I'm the only one. Other commercial ranges have people sitting around waiting.

They've cut their hours, another cost cutting measure.

Ive been getting emails from Iron City Landscaping. I guess thats his sideline business to pay the bills.

I never got a copy of membership terms and conditions or else Id be waving that in his face. Im sure a lawyer could comment on the legality of not giving me a copy of the contract and then changing it in midstream.

Im not renewing in December.

(Allegheny County)

I have been told by the voice on the phone that I would receive a membership card upon my next visit to the range. I wonder if that is when I will also receive my ducumentation on rules and policies?

On another front for ICA, I received my brass catcher yesterday and after using it and adjusting it at Coraopolis District Sportsmen Club, I will have it at all of my sessions at ICA. That way any of my brass that I shoot should remain in my possession. That is of course if they don't modify their policy to say "Any brass fired within ICA facility becomes ours".

Anyone know if the brass policy holds true for their outdoor facility. I know shotgun hulls must be left after firing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rtmpgh View Post
    Apparently they have also purchased or leased the old Greater Pittsburgh Trap and Skeet Facility.
    They have not purchased the property, they are leasing it from what I have read and been told. Outdoor ICA facility is great. I hope it survives.

(Allegheny County)

You guys had ample evidence of the douchebags who are running the place prior to joining, yet you did so anyway.

That is all.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmckee561 View Post
    I know shotgun hulls must be left after firing.
    Really?

I filed a complaint with the AGs office of consumer protection. everyone should do that.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Quic...er_Protection/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by St. John Browning View Post
    I filed a complaint with the AGs office of consumer protection. everyone should do that.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Quic...er_Protection/
    that is interesting. Most people on here advocate for small, minimum, essentials only govt. I would not have guessed there would be much, "I have a problem with a business's business practices, so I'm going to go and run to the govt for a solution" going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    that is interesting. Most people on here advocate for small, minimum, essentials only govt. I would not have guessed there would be much, "I have a problem with a business's business practices, so I'm going to go and run to the govt for a solution" going on here.
    the owner is known to be hostile and abusive. you can go argue if you want. ill let the government put a scare in him and then ill still not bother to renew.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast