Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Cz 75 compact 9mm

Anybody have one of these?I have been looking at them online but haven't been able to get my hands on one.just curious if any owners of this pistol can give me a few pros/cons.might make my way to cabelas tomorrow to see if they have one I can fondle.thanks

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Cz 75 compact 9mm

They are a bit on the heavy side for a compact. They are good shooters with minimal recoil due to the all steel construction. For a while they offered an aluminum frame version which you can still find when surplus pistols come in from Israel. They make two modern aluminum framed versions the PCR and PO1 compacts. Both are decockers and perform very nicely. I like these pistols and there are plenty of upgrades in the way of trigger systems , grips ,sights ,etc available. I build custom CZ's and CZ clones at my hop in Easton ,Pa. If you ever want to shoot some look me up. Warning shooting them usually leads to buying one,CZ's and CZ clones can become addictive. And if you want polymer well then there is always the PO& duty and PO9 more great shooters.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Montgomery County)

i had one of these for awhile that I sold toward the purchase of the Sig MPX. It was a nice gun, smooth shooter, VERY low recoil, but yes a little bit on the heavy side. I bought it to be a carry gun but I still always ended up carrying my G19 instead. I can certainly understand the appeal of them though so you really cant go wrong.

(Montgomery County)

Have the 75B, 75Compact and the 85. All excellent and accurate. I do not like "combat tupperware"; give me a metal handgun every time. Dave_n

(Lancaster County)

I have a 75 Compact, PCR, P-01, and RAMI. They all have their interesting unique properties. The PCR is my favorite- thin, alloy framed, accurate, and has a decocker and rubber grips. Just a super shooter. The P-01 also has an alloy frame but is a little fatter in the front since it has an accessory rail on the bottom of the frame. The 75 Compact is the most durable- forged steel never lets you down. It too is stupidly accurate and has very low recoil. You cannot, CANNOT, go wrong with any of the metal CZ pistols.

(Berks County)

You can't go wring with any CZ really. I have 4 of them total, three of which are compacts and they are just plain awesome pistols. The Alloy frame models do not way much more than a G19 and the other dimensions are fairly close in size. Their polymer offerings are nice and are priced better than a Glock.

Cabelas, unfortunately doesn't have much in the way of CZs. Trop Gun in Elizabethtown carries pretty much all of them, and they even have a few to rent.

When in doubt, knifehand!

(Luzerne County)

That 75 p02 is a nice looking piece.I'm not a fan of any polymer guns.I currently have all sigs in the rotation but am trying to get one of these cz75 compacts.found a black one locally,but am looking for stainless.thanks for the input guys

(Lancaster County)

Compacts are not available in stainless, only the full size 75 is available in polished or matte stainless. The closest you'll get is if you can find one of the rare duo-tone compacts.

(Luzerne County)

This is what I am looking for
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

THAT is cool. I'm pretty dang sure it's a custom job though. I've never seen a compact in stainless cataloged. The only thing I could figure is it may have been a special item done for a distributor. I have a CZ P01 in duo tone that was a specialty item that was never cataloged by CZ. Regardless, that compact is awesome. I'd like to know more info about it myself. I wonder if it's something the CZ Customer or CGW did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast