Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Had a minor altercation today.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    The guy likely was somebody. A cop from another jurisdiction. The mayor's illegitimate child, somebody.

The guy made terroristic threats. He threatened to harm you. You might have provoked those threats (according to him) but that's a matter for the courts to decide. Before allowing the guy to drive off, they should have asked if you wanted to file a complaint. I would have. I can guarantee you're not the first person he's pulled that shit with or threatened for no reason. It's loses its charm pretty quick.
    LOL, illegit child. No, seriously, I don't think he was anyone important. I think the LEO's believed me, but still knew it was my word against his. I didn't mean to give the impression that they picked on me. By the way the younger LEO said, "Hope you have a better rest of your Sunday," I think he was expressing to me that he knew I was telling the truth. Why would I instigate by using the N word, and then go and call 911? Doesn't it seem strange that someone would say," Thanks for your consideration, you N." I can see someone simply saying 'You N, (I never would,) but using the N words together with, "Thanks for your consideration," that seems ridiculous.

(Delaware County)

he threw in the race card? why am I not surprised......

I hate pricks like that..think because you're White you have something against blacks automatically.

and then you said he had his kid in the car???? what an example....

glad you're OK!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    he threw in the race card? why am I not surprised......

I hate pricks like that..think because you're White you have something against blacks automatically.

and then you said he had his kid in the car???? what an example....

glad you're OK!
    Yep. And the weird thing about it, once the LEO came onto the scene, the guy seemed to me like he was very calm. I however, inside felt huffy, for lack of a better word. Sort of worked up, not angry.

Before the LEO arrived, I saw him pull out his cell phone, looked like a Blackberry. He didn't seem to make a call, kept it low in front of him. I thought maybe he was going to taking a picture or something, maybe of my license plate. Have no idea why he would want to do that. I was wondering, would it be legal for me to use my cell phone to record video along with audio?

He wasn't a very young guy either. Maybe early forties. He was dressed okay, wearing a little jeff cap, driving a used but clean black Lexus. I looked fine, shorts and polo-type shirt, late model G-35. I'm in my late 40's. A younger guy I could maybe see being a hothead. This guy, seemed like racism was *fresh* on his mind, or he had just had a fight with the wife and was in a terrible mood. Again, the way he got so calm and collected once the LEO's showed up, seemed strange.

Also, he told the cop that the reason why he didn't drive away after filing his tank was that his car wouldn't start. That was clearly a lie. Late model cars start 9999 times out of 10,000. Also, if that had really been the problem, when I said "thanks for your consideration," a person would have said, "Sorry, my car wouldn't start." My tone really wasn't harsh, almost monotone, "Thanks for your consideration." That little remark set him off like a firecracker.
    Last edited by tobor; August 3rd, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Next time, just ignore the SOB that tries to pull that BS.

I once had some crazy asswipe try to do whatever it was he was trying to do to me. I was in New Freedom, which is this little town normally full of polite people, and was getting ready to make a turn. A car was coming down the hill, so I was waiting for them to pass. If I had some sort of sportscar I could have made the turn, but I was instead driving a clunky old pickup, not exactly a zippy vehicle. The dingaling nutbag behind me starts honking at me for not turning so I can maybe get in an accident, I guess that's what he wanted? I turned after the one car passed, and this jerk was behind me all the way to the light on Main St in Shewsbury in what is the old "downtown". The light was red and I was in the right light to turn right, and he pulled aside me in the left lane. I was sort of looking out of the corner of my eyes, and could see him leaning over his passenger and shaking his fist at me and yelling. I simply ignored him, he did no more, the light changed and I turned and was away from him.

This crazy nutbag is one reason to carry! Even in small towns normally full of polite people, you still have your nutbags and your angry drunks, plus the area has subdivisions full of new houses all over the place, people moving in from Maryland and other places, many of whom seem to be crappy drivers. Yeah I know, the drivers down in Baltimore and its suburbs are a horrible lot LOL- I turned out to be a decent driver, as are my parents. The area is still OK crimewise though, but you never know with the new people and their drug using teens, and your usual nutbags. I fear meth will become a problem, and with me trapping alone on lonley farmland, there is the risk of meth labs being in the woods with their nutty handlers, or the cooler set up showing up under one of my favorte water trapping bridges! This threat is one reason I hate MD for not being shall-issue! If meth shows up, your normally safe rural area suddenly has tweakers running around it. Yeah, I guess I might catch a coyote, so when on foot I gotta wear my ..uh ..XD40 with ultra cool defensive hollowpoints...gotta be humane ya know!

Speaking of local nuts, I am always leery of the Goodwill store. Some of the nuttiest people go in there at times. One day this woman was in there all belligerant with an employee about how she was overcharged .47 or something, or wanted to return a .47 item cuz it cost too much- something stupid like that. This woman was practically howling mad, any more rediculous and the employees might have had to call the cops. Imagine if some nut goes in there and gets mad again about some totally stupid thing, then pulls a knife and starts stabbing an employee. And there I am CCing, or heck OCing. If I am OCing everyone will look to me to do something. If the nut pulls a gun, I am pulling mine immediatly.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Northumberland County)

PET PEVE COMING UP>>>>>>>

Was he from Africa?
    If he was, then immigrated to the US, I will give you the term African American.

If not, he's black. I'm white. Its a desriptor, has nothing to do with ancestral origin.

I'm thinking he was no more African American than I am Polish American or Austrian American.... a few generations out.

Rant over.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, there are asshats everywhere - black, white, pink hair, blonde, brunette, red-heads... the list goes on and on.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Lackawanna County)

.................................................. ...........
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

(Monroe County)

You would be surprised how little he would have had to say when you get your thumb and fingers around his wind pipe.

(Centre County)

I heard someone once say he always notes the license plate number and make & model of the car in case an opportunity to get even surfaces at some point.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    PET PEVE COMING UP>>>>>>>

Was he from Africa?
    If he was, then immigrated to the US, I will give you the term African American.

If not, he's black. I'm white. Its a desriptor, has nothing to do with ancestral origin.

I'm thinking he was no more African American than I am Polish American or Austrian American.... a few generations out.

Rant over.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, there are asshats everywhere - black, white, pink hair, blonde, brunette, red-heads... the list goes on and on.
    I only used the term "African American" because that seems to be the racial description African Americans prefer these days. If I'd had my say, all racial designations would be discarded. No government form would ever make a reference to race. I believe a fella started a California referendum a few years ago to do just that, but the referendum was voted down.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    I heard someone once say he always notes the license plate number and make & model of the car in case an opportunity to get even surfaces at some point.
    Yes, that occurred to me. Hopefully the guy will simmer down and realize there's no reason to do that.

i don't know how'd he find me, unless he knows someone working for the DMV.

Thanks for making me worry now. Be glad when I get my IWB in a few days.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast