Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Allegheny Gun Works ?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but did something happen to them/him? I see the web site is offline, the FB page hasn't been updated in a while, and there's a R.I.P. post on there.

Thanks.

Default Re: Allegheny Gun Works ?

He is now a manager at Anthony arms. He was still doing stuff out of his shop on the side, but that may have gone away now too.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Ok. I know he/they were the go-to people for Beretta 92 work, specifically front sight work. Is that now shifted to his Anthony Arms outfit?

That I don't know for sure. I last spoke with him 6 months ago.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Washington County)

I wonder if he/they have the engraving up and running yet? I'll have to give them a call.
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

If you do, please post up what you learn. Thanks!

(Washington County)

Called AA today and they said there were problems with Josh's equipment so they sold it back to him. It sounded weird when the guy was telling me. I get the feeling they messed up engraving someone's nfa item and they had to replace it or something. It just didn't make sense what the guy was telling me. I will go elsewhere and suggest all of you do too.

The grapevine says that AA hired him as a manager/supervisor , had him move all his machinery over there and then terminated his employment. Pretty bad way to do business IF TRUE.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    The grapevine says that AA hired him as a manager/supervisor , had him move all his machinery over there and then terminated his employment. Pretty bad way to do business IF TRUE.
    I also heard he started working there and sold his equipment to them. When I called and talked to someone there at AA, it just didn't make sense what I was being told. I don't know... However I do know I need to find somewhere to get some laser engraving done...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    A little more than grapevine unfortunately.

Without going into the details of it all that's basically what happened. It was a no-fault deal and I don't hold it against them (too much) but it did leave me without a permanent home for AGW for the time being. As far as what the Anthony's staff says about the situation, the only one there other than me that actually knows the whole story is Bruce (the GM) and everyone else, well, doesn't so take that at face value. I do still have my FFL and title to a part of my old building so technically I'm still good to go business wise but in a very limited capacity. I had considered moving back there but the owners had already partitioned it out so while I have been doing engraving through there I am, for all intents and purposes, not able to take anything other than that until I find a new location. I am trying to get back up and running but finding a location that allows my type of work at a price that isn't rediculous is difficult to say the least.

Anthony's has been pretty good with my doing some VERY limited work like Beretta triggers, some barrel threading etc. out of there until I get a new place but that arrangement is tenuous at best. The bottom line is the entire situation just sucks and I'd really love to be able to get the ball rolling again. I do have some prospects but as usual no one wants to move on anything "until after the holidays". I guess that means we'll see what the new year brings.
    Last edited by Schlafftablett; December 15th, 2015 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast