Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Specter versus Sparrow

Looking to add a rimfire suppressor and since I have 2 Silencerco suppressors, thought about adding a third. What is the advantage of the Sparrow over the Specter as both come apart (obviously with rimfire), both have about the same decibel rating, both can be used in other configurations such as the 5.7, yet the Sparrow is at least 100 more. Is it worth it?

As of now I am leaning towards the Specter.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Specter versus Sparrow

Tough choice. Having beat on both extensively...
    Sparrow is a bit shorter, bit more first round pop (everything has it)
    Easy to take apart and clean.

Spectre in my opinion a "hair" more quiet.
    Its a bit longer, the weight difference is not worth mentioning. More than likely the added length makes it quieter.
    Take down is maybe 30sec longer on the Spectre...big deal

For the $100 and my opinion of it being more quiet, Spectre 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Tough choice. Having beat on both extensively...
    Sparrow is a bit shorter, bit more first round pop (everything has it)
    Easy to take apart and clean.

Spectre in my opinion a "hair" more quiet.
    Its a bit longer, the weight difference is not worth mentioning. More than likely the added length makes it quieter.
    Take down is maybe 30sec longer on the Spectre...big deal

For the $100 and my opinion of it being more quiet, Spectre 2
    Thanks. If there is no noticeable difference, I will probably go with the Specter.

(Berks County)

My only shooting experience is with the Warlock II, which is very similar to the Spectre from what I can tell. The major difference would be that the Warlock uses aluminum instead of stainless. They had both at the shop where I got mine & they let me put them both on a pistol for feel. When I felt how light the Warlock was, I went with that (plus it's cheaper). Cleaning the baffles can be a pain with the aluminum, but after discussing it with my dealer a few times, he basically admitted that he very rarely cleans his 22 suppressor & there's not really any noticeable degradation of sound suppression, even after thousands of rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by theunrulychef View Post
    My only shooting experience is with the Warlock II, which is very similar to the Spectre from what I can tell. The major difference would be that the Warlock uses aluminum instead of stainless. They had both at the shop where I got mine & they let me put them both on a pistol for feel. When I felt how light the Warlock was, I went with that (plus it's cheaper). Cleaning the baffles can be a pain with the aluminum, but after discussing it with my dealer a few times, he basically admitted that he very rarely cleans his 22 suppressor & there's not really any noticeable degradation of sound suppression, even after thousands of rounds.

The Warlock is off of my list because it only shoots .22LR and I may want to use this on my fiveseven at some point in the future. Per specs, the Warlock is also not as quiet.