Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Lots of interest lately

Yesterday my 18 year old grand-daughter asked me to teach her how to shoot. I used a full size M&P 22 pistol. She loved it. More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Yesterday my 18 year old grand-daughter asked me to teach her how to shoot. I used a full size M&P 22 pistol. She loved it. More to come.
    Rep sent.

I have noticed an increase in support for gun rights in my area. Of all the shooters I see at my range, most are young (20-30) but I see a variety of ages. I have helped a few people with the overall process of 'guns' as they would call it- and helped foster responsible ownership.

(Chester County)

Well done! And graduate her to a higher caliber when she's ready... it will build her confidence and keep her interested.

(Chester County)

We have the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. But we also have the responsibility to use them safely, legally and effectively. Unfortunately, many of the people who have been purchasing firearms in the past few years do so without getting any training. They spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the guns and accessories but nothing on the training to teach them how to use them properly. Every time I go to the range I see shooters violating gun safety rules and displaying dangerous gun handling. I've been a pistol shooter for more than 50 years and I've taught many new shooters gun safety and good gun handling skills. There is a great need for experienced shooters to not only encourage others to get involved in the shooting sports but also teach the newbies what they need to know to make it safer for all of us.
    Last edited by WALTHERGUY; November 18th, 2015 at 10:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is and remains immortal.- Albert Pines

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Well done! And graduate her to a higher caliber when she's ready... it will build her confidence and keep her interested.
    Once she is fully confident in clearing malfunctions, covering avoidance, all rounds fired hits the paper pie plate @ 7 yards. At 5 feet away point and rapid shooting without aiming practice hitting the plate with 5 of 5 rounds. This is for the deer in headlights syndrome when faced with a real threat.

I'll then move to the G42 380 until she used to the recoil, then up to the 9mm.
    Last edited by ideaman; November 19th, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

(Delaware County)

Once she is fully confident in clearing malfunctions, covering avoidance, all rounds fired hits the paper pie plate @ 7 yards. At 5 feet away point and rapid shooting without aiming practice hitting the plate with 5 of 5 rounds. This is for the deer in headlights syndrome when faced with a real threat.

I'll then move to the G42 380 until she used to the recoil, then up to the 9mm.
    How long til the .50BMG pistol?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    How long til the .50BMG pistol?
    unfortunately we can't seem to get past the grenade toss. Thank God for the nearby ditch.

(Bucks County)

Took the grandson with us to shoot trap this week. He got to launch the birds for a few rounds and he had a blast.

He's the only seven year old I know who can strip down an M2 and a MK19. There's still some hope for the future.

(Lehigh County)

Interest will continue to increase especially now with the attacks overseas and the threats to U.S. cities.
    -jFw

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    My extreme left liberal friend is going for training and a gun in dec. I hear and see more of it every week.
    I guess that's the hope and change we were promised.
    The problem with liberals who take up shooting is that once they become proficient with gun handling, most of them become convinced that only liberals can be trusted with such deadly weapons and become even more insistent on disarming everybody else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123