Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: SCOTIA RANGE IS OPEN!!!! SGL176

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    There is a member here (bloomautomatic) who makes golf ball launchers that attach to the standard grenade launchers on a number of rifles (SKS, AR15, etc). All you do is attach the launcher, load in a golf ball, chamber a blank cartridge, and fire away! ScoutJoe brought one to the last group shoot that attached to a Yugo SKS; it was tons of fun!
    Kinda looks like that

The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    There is a member here (bloomautomatic) who makes golf ball launchers that attach to the standard grenade launchers on a number of rifles (SKS, AR15, etc). All you do is attach the launcher, load in a golf ball, chamber a blank cartridge, and fire away! ScoutJoe brought one to the last group shoot that attached to a Yugo SKS; it was tons of fun!
    The government is probably going to steal the idea and try to claim and use golf balls on AR15s as 'nonlethal' crowd control. Finding ammo is no longer an issue during riots!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    The government is probably going to steal the idea and try to claim and use golf balls on AR15s as 'nonlethal' crowd control. Finding ammo is no longer an issue during riots!
    I'm pretty sure that these golf balls go fast enough with the right blanks that they could be lethal, especially if ya go up to the FN-FAL to launch em
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Allegheny County)

I hit up Scotia FINALLY! Me and the girl went out last night around 6:30 and fired till a little before 8 when they were gonna lock up. The place looks good(then again, this is the first I've ever been there so I wouldn't know the difference haha).

I'm so happy to have somewhere so close now. I had to wait till I visited family in Pittsburgh just to shoot the past few months. Its awesome to drive like 15 minutes and throw a target up

(Centre County)

Depending on how much work I have to do around the house I might try and swing out there this weekend to fire.

Does anybody know if the rifle range inside the fence is open?

(Allegheny County)

Everything inside the fence was open, as well as the aux range.

(Centre County)

Sweeeeet!!!!!

We'll need to do a group shoot sometime soon.

(Allegheny County)

Hey guys I have a question. How do they feel about you shooting at things other than just paper targets at Scotia? I'm not talking about bringing in like old tvs and shit to leave pieces everywhere, but I want something a little more fulfilling to shoot at that just paper.

I was looking at something like this:
    http://www.americantargets.com/product/SS6038

These are made for shooting at, so I would think it's something I can use. Anyone know anything about that?

Has anyone ever used one of these? I've never shot at one either, so any info on that would be great too.

(Centre County)

You'll need to check the range rules, but I believe you're required to use their target boards and shoot paper. Such is the life of a free, government owned and operated range.

As for the swinger targets. I have shot at a co-worker's 22lr swinger and it's fun. I just got a steel man sillouete target for 22lr that has swingers on it that I need to try out. At some point I'm going to splurge and buy a spring loaded man sillouete steel target for the bolt gun. They're fun to shoot.

If you want a lot of fun, we should have a group shoot out in the middle of BFE where we can shoot whatever the hell we want.

(Allegheny County)

I'd love to get together with some people and shoot. I'm a pretty new handgun owner and am always looking to shoot and learn more from people. I've owned my XD for a few months now, and before that had shot a few times with different caliber pistols, shotguns, rifles, but I've never been to into it until now.

I browse the forum pretty frequently lately so if anyone tries to get something together I'd be interested. I don't know anywhere to shoot in the area but Scotia(and thank god it's finally open! I hated having my new pistol and nowhere to fire the damn thing.)

I'll have to check out the rules or talk to someone out there next week and see if I'd be allowed. I'm kinda feeling that the answer is gonna be a big fat no, but we'll see.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast