Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post New Remington Pocket Pistol debuts today

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015...-market-rm380/

Remington Enters Pocket Pistol Market with the RM380

On November 2, Remington Arms Company entered the pocket pistol marketplace with the release of the RM380.

As the name suggests, the RM380 is chambered in .380 auto. It is a double action only (DAO) semi-automatic pistol that weighs in about 12.2 ounces unloaded–12.7 ounce with a Crimson Trace laser affixed. The pistol holds six rounds in the magazine and a seventh round in the chamber.

Breitbart News has had an RM380 for about four weeks for the purposes of testing, shooting, and carrying the pistol concealed to get a feel for it. After a few hundred rounds and daily carry almost nonstop since receiving the gun, we found the gun accurate, ultra-reliable, and so light that carrying it in the front pocket of a pair of cargo shorts is comfortable to the point that you do not even notice you are carrying a gun.

The RM380 has no external safety. Instead, the long trigger pull associated with a DAO pistol fills that role. In fact, for people used to shooting guns like those from Glock or the Smith & Wesson M&P line, the trigger pull on the RM380 will feel noticeably long at first. But as you shoot the pistol you soon figure out how far back you can quickly pull the trigger before slowing and completing the action to release the hammer and fire a round.

Once you are acquainted with the gun to that degree two things happen: 1.You begin to see how strikingly accurate a DAO pocket pistol can be. 2. The long trigger pull actually becomes a reassurance that the RM380 would be a difficult gun for a concealed carry permit holder to accidentally fire.

The RM380 comes with two magazines–one which fits flush and one with a finger extension. Breitbart News shot a variety of rounds through the pistol using both magazines without a single misfire or malfunction. Those rounds included FMJ target ammo, flat nose ammo, and +P self-defense hollow point ammunition. The RM380 ate it all up.

The only aspect of the RM380 that temporarily caught our attention in a negative way was the slide stop–commonly referred to as a slide release on many other handguns. We found the stop difficult to release during the first couple of boxes of ammunition but by the time we had fired approximately 150 rounds through the gun the slide stop would release with the touch of the thumb.

When you consider the RM380’s light weight, stubborn reliability, and striking accuracy, it does not take long to figure out this pocket pistol could open the doors to a whole new world for Remington. We will continue to test our RM380–exposing it extreme conditions and putting as many rounds through it as possible–and will do more reviews to reveal what we learn. As of now, with one month and hundreds of rounds behind us, we can say the RM380 is a great pocket pistol for daily carry.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: New Remington Pocket Pistol debuts today

Happy to see that they finally made it to the market with a pocket 380 (only about 4 years late). NEVER buy the first model of ANYTHING. If I were in the market for a pocket 380, and given the success of the R51, I would wait until the RM380-A1 came out.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

That's my rule for anything...cars, computers (and new versions of Windows), women...you never buy the first one you see!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Clearfield County)

Strange, Vegas has refused my bet on it being recalled.....

The beta testing was already done via the Rohrbaugh R9.

The Freedom Group acquired Rohrbaugh & while late to the party, the RM380 should be good to go.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    NEVER buy the first model of ANYTHING.
    Specially from THEM...

Although I was told that they tested the piss out of it, because of R51 Fiasco...
    BTW, is R51 back out again? Whatever happened with that?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    The beta testing was already done via the Rohrbaugh R9.

The Freedom Group acquired Rohrbaugh & while late to the party, the RM380 should be good to go.
    The couple dozen decades of "beta testing" sure as fuck didn't stop them from ruining everything in the marlin line.

(Montgomery County)

Ugly. Don’t like the look of any “pocket pistol.”. LCP and LC9 look better but still. I rather carry something that looks good if a little bigger.

(Berks County)

Ill tell you what happened to the r51 not a damned thing. No estimate on anything. They never once got in touch with me. Only when i asked last week after over a year did they say i could wait forever or take an r1 1911. Remington has balls working on a new gun before fixing the r51.

(Montgomery County)

Wow,
    Remington managed to make a KelTec P3at clone, but uglier.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast