Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Picked up a CZ 75 Pre-B

I picked up a CZ52 and a CZ75 yesterday from a co-worker. I own numerous different handguns, but these are my first two CZ's. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about old 75's. Hopefully someone can help me put a value on this.

It's a 1980 date stamp, with no import marks (GI bring back). E05xx serial. Unfortunately, I don't have the bring back papers, or the original box. From what I have read lately, these round trigger guard 75's are harder to come by. I also read that parts and original mags are hard to come by for these older 75's.

I have no intention of selling this, but I am curious as to what I actually have here. If anyone can give me a round about price range, along with any tips/tricks/knowledge about this gun I'd appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Berks County)

Default Re: Picked up a CZ 75 Pre-B

Nicoli,

I was one of those "GI"s that brought back CZ-75s. As for paperwork, all the GI would have is a copy of the ATF Form 6. The pistols came sandwiched between two form fitted pieces of styrofoam that was held together with a cardboard sleeve. Included was a test target, IIRC. And a manual.

Although Blue and Parkerized were available, the vast majority sold were enameled.

Your pistol was likely bought in Germany, and if so, the distributor that sold all these CZ-75s to us GIs was Frankonia Jagd. Google 'em - they are still around. They had a gorgeous catalog that was about an inch thick.

$225! <for the enameled> Oh how I wish I could go back in time and bring back a bunch more.

As for worth, I would not pay more than $400 for one - only because there are so many other competitors out there.

Ray

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks for the info Ray. I do belive it was purchased in Germany. I'm going to Google that distributor.

(Northampton County)

The pre b's actually have a shorter trigger reset and a nice clean breaking trigger when compared to to the newer Cz's which are a longer factory reset with a gritty trigger when new. I like the Pre B Cz 75, the only drawback is they don't accept the newer mags.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor