Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Israeli fighting pistol

This is fighting pistol 1, I and several members here, as well as Enck's gun barn have taken this over the summer for the first class of its kind hosted by the awesome guys at Heidelberg sportsman association in Schaefferstown, Pa. The class is put on by Rubicon training group and they are an excellent bunch with a welth of knowledge and also make it enjoyable. The instructors are passionate about what they do and offer without yelling and screaming in your face. Well Mark and his team are returning again to Heidelberg on 30 April 2016 for the fighting pistol course, me and weefy will be taking the class and a bunch of others so I'm inviting and encouraging you all to sign up as this fills up pretty quickly. You will need a semi auto pistol and holster, eyes and ears and approx 200 rounds of ammo and get ready to have some fun this is a great class.
    I put a link in my signature that will take you to the sign up.
    Anybody have questions feel free to pm me
    Also check out Rubicon Training Group
    Lunch will be available if you don't bring any.
    Last edited by *Klutch*; October 30th, 2015 at 09:27 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Israeli fighting pistol

Thanks for posting this. Do you have any videos of previous classes?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Berks County)

I'm not aware of any videos that were taken of the training class. I do know there were photos taken, however I didn't pursue them.

I am looking forward to taking the course a second time in preparation for the level 2 in the future.

(Lancaster County)

Is "Israeli pistol" where you carry without one in the chamber?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by rodspade View Post
    That is a common misconception, because it became a pratice due to their having crappy guns, some home made,. that tended to fire wehn dropped. Or shaken. Of just for the hell of it.

It is not something that has been done since the Israeli military obtained firearms that were not completely worthless, and it is not something anyone should be doing, unless their everyday carry is is a Colt Navy / Army, in which case carrying on an empty cylinder is the only say way due to drop fire.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Im in....see yall there

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodspade View Post
    That is a common misconception ...
    Can someone tell me more about "The Signature Israeli Drawing and Presentation Technique" advertised as part of this course?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    That is a common misconception, because it became a pratice due to their having crappy guns, some home made,. that tended to fire wehn dropped. Or shaken. Of just for the hell of it.

It is not something that has been done since the Israeli military obtained firearms that were not completely worthless, and it is not something anyone should be doing, unless their everyday carry is is a Colt Navy / Army, in which case carrying on an empty cylinder is the only say way due to drop fire.
    I've always read it was an official policy in place because the Browning High Power was their sidearm and their brass thought it safer to carry on an empty chamber than to have every recruit carrying cocked and locked.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    I've always read it was an official policy in place because the Browning High Power was their sidearm and their brass thought it safer to carry on an empty chamber than to have every recruit carrying cocked and locked.
    Which again may also be true, as the gun has no manual safety, and it is not drop safe if carried chambered hammer down.

Lord knows the M9 is responsible for far and away the most negligent / accidental discharges in the US Army, despite relatively few troops having them.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

The IDF now uses Glock pistols and they still practice the unchambered round draw. This is they're practice for some time and they didn't change it because they've taught it for quite some time. Once you practice the technique it's not any worse then condition one but I still use our method as I have for a long time and will not relearn but I believe it's used by the IDF for the purpose of the gun being taken away from the holster by an assailant also if they are running and it falls from the holster it doesn't discharge.
    Sorry about the lack of videos but if you go to Rubicon training website there are pics but I'm not sure how many. The class is worth the day I can promise you that.
    Last edited by *Klutch*; November 26th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast